"Say No" - 5

Their meeting had lasted for about 2 hours. It seemed like forever for Arnav and Khushi. Khushi had to present her project in front of Arnav and the board.Everyone was paying attention except Arnav.He couldn't focus on her presentation because he could only stare at Khushi. He was so busy staring at her that he didn't realize she was done. In the end, Arnav found out that the board members had agreed to the deal with Khushi's company.

He hadn't even realized the meeting was over. He got up to leave, but saw Khushi was smiling and everyone was congratulating her. Arnav knew he would have to congratulate her too, he was the owner of the company!

"Congrats Ms.Gupta."

Khushi was surprised, but she remained calm and professional. She shook his extended hand.

"Thank you Mr.Raizada."

After the room was empty, Khushi started gathering her stuff and Arnav was about to leave the room too, but he stopped.

"Khushi...What you saw..I mean Di doesn't..I mean.."

Khushi was confused, but she soon caught on to what he was saying.

"Don't worry ASR, office matters stay in office and personal matters stay personal. It's none of my business anyways."

Arnav simply nodded and walked away.

Khushi just stood there watching him leave.

How long will he hide his different relationships? How long will he cheat on others?

Khushi turned around to finish wrapping her stuff up, but someone interrupted her again. She turned around to see a young man standing with some files in his hands.

"Hi, Mrs.Gupta I'm Aman Mehra, the manager of this company. I had an offer for you. Can i discuss it with you at this moment ?"

Khushi was exhausted after her long presentation, but she couldn't say no.

"Yeah sure!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khushi was laying on her bed, thinking about her long day in office. She was struggling with her decision about the offer she got. It was a difficult decision. She needed someone to tell her what to do. Most of all she needed to know if Arnav was the one who asked Aman to hire her.

Why would he do that?

On the other hand, Arnav had just returned from office. He was furious. He had to meet Khushi. He couldn't believe the board members gave Khushi an offer without his permission. He hoped she would say no.

Arnav entered the room Khushi was staying in. He found her lying on the bed thinking about something.

She's thinking about the offer.

"Khushi! Say no !"

A startled Khushi almost fell off her bed hearing Arnav's furious tone.

"What?"

"Say no!"

What is he saying?

"Say no to what Arnav?"

Arnav stalked closer to her.

"The offer you received from my company. Say no to the job!"

So he didn't offer me the job. Of course he didn't.

"I'll do whatever I want to do. Anyways you guys offered me a very good deal. It would be hard to say no."

Arnav grabbed her arms tightly.

Please say no. I can't see you every day and be reminded of the past.

"You better say no Khushi. You've already ruined my life, I don't need you to ruin my business too!"

Stop. Stop. Stop.

"I haven't ruined anything for you. You've ruined yourself Arnav. Stop blaming me for your mistakes. I am not the same girl you destroyed years ago. You can't just command me to do things for you."

Please Khushi! I'm not the monster that hurt you years ago.

Arnav pulled Khushi closer to him by her waist. He leaned to her ear and whispered, "Khushi say no to this job. Trust me you'll regret it."

Away. Push him away.

"Khushi you think you've changed, but you haven't changed a bit. You still are affected by my slightest touches. "

Khushi held on to her breath. His minty breath was leaving goosebumps on her skin. He was so close, she could almost kiss him.

Arnav traced circles on her waist. Then he ran his fingers up and down on her arms. "Khushi, think about it. You sure you'll be able to handle me being so close to you every single day."

Khushi was panting now. She needed space.

Arnav brought his hands to her face now. He caressed her face and Khushi leaned in his touch.

She still smells like jasmine. Her skin is still soft. She still is affected by me.

"Khushi, I've missed you"

Arnav leaned closer to her lips. Khushi couldn't move or say anything. When she felt his breath on her lips, Khushi realized what was happening.

Push. Push him away.

"Get away from me! You've lost the right to touch me, to take advantage of me, and to take advantage of my trust. You can't just use girls. I'm not like that girl you were kissing in your office! "

Breathe.

Khushi took a step away from Arnav and pointed to the door. "Leave!"

Arnav just stared at her.

She wasn't just any girl. He wasn't using her.

Arnav hesitated, but then walked to the door.

"You're not just any girl. Remember that !"

.........................................................................................................

Hey!!! I hope you guys like this update because it took me awhile to think about how I should proceed this story.

Also thanks for all the love guys for my Arnav & Khushi short stories.

Trust me this story will get better too!