"What?" - 10

Khushi smiled when she felt the sun shining on her face.
She woke up and stretched her arms, she hadn't slept in this long and peacefully since forever.

Khushi smiled again and looked towards the other side of the bed, it was empty.

He must be sleeping on the couch. But why?

She got up from her bed and walked towards the living room. However, even the couch was empty. The bathrooms were empty and so were the balcony and kitchen.

Where is he?....Did he leave?

Khushi walked toward her balcony and embraced the warm air and the beaming rays of the sun.

Why would he leave without telling me or leaving a note? Was I dreaming?

Khushi shook her head at her own thoughts. It couldn't be a dream, Khushi could still feel his rough lips on her soft ones.

She could still feel the warmth in his embrace, the scent roaming around the house, his voice ringing in her ears. Her senses were over thrown by the overwhelming feelings from Arnav.

The mere thought of him made her so happy.

*cellphone rings

"Hello?"

"Hi Khushi this is Aman."

"Hi Aman ji. What can I do for you?"

"Well Khushi the contract starts from today. Today there'll be a business party at Sir's house and there we'll announce your relationship."

The contract...I completely forgot about it. But why didn't he call?

Khushi nodded to herself.
"Why didn't Arnav ji call me?"

"I don't know Khushi. Just be ready and sir will pick you up by 8."

"Well I'm still coming to office to finish some paperwork so I'll see you there. Bye."

Khushi looked at her phone for any new messages or for anything from Arnav. But there was nothing.

Khushi didn't get a good feeling from all of this. She felt something was definitely wrong.

........................................................................
"Good morning Ms.Gupta!"

"Hi Rosa, how are you doing today?"

"I'm doing fine Ms. Gupta."

"Well is Arn-- I mean ASR in his office?"

"Yes Ms. Gupta, he's been in his office since 6 a.m."

Khushi frowned at the thought of him working so much.

He should take care of himself.

"Thanks Rosa."

Khushi started walking toward his office, but turned around went towards her office.

Why should I care, if he doesn't? He didn't even inform me once or leave a message or anything?!!!

Khushi sat in her chair for a few minutes and stared at the files in front of her.
After 10 minutes she decided to visit his office.

Khushi went straight to his office and stood in front of his door.

Why do I care so much?

Khushi was about to knock when she heard loud sounds from his office.

Khushi didn't want to be nosy, but she couldn't resist leaning closer to the door.
Khushi put her ear on the door and heard loud....moans of a girl.

Girl? Loud sounds? He...he...Not again please.

She couldn't control the large drops of tears that fell on her cheek. She couldn't believe her ears.

*knock

"Come in"

Khushi wiped her tears away and walked into his office.

So I wasn't imagining...what i heard was..but he promised

"What do you want?"

Khushi's eyes roamed around his face. His face was red and his hair was a mess. His lips still had lipstick and his jacket was on the floor. His tie was loose around his neck and his shirt was fully open. He had love bites all around his chest.

Khushi bit her lip very hard, she couldn't show him she was weak. She couldn't cry in front of him.

She had to stop herself from shouting, from hurting someone, from crying, from breaking down, from leaving again.

"I just wanted...to tell you that don't pick me up today for the party. I can come by myself."
Her voice cracked as she spoke. Her knees trembled in his presence.

She noticed someone's knees hidden beneath his desk.

Lavanya.

Arnav followed her gaze, he noticed she saw who was hiding under his desk.

"Whatever."

Khushi nodded and turned around to leave.

"Ms.Gupta,  you saw nothing right?"

Khushi turned around and put on a fake smile.

"Of course Mr. Raizada."

She turned around again and left his office.

Khushi ran towards her office and locked the door behind her.
She couldn't take it anymore, she slid down the door and cried as quietly as she could.

How did I believe him? He can never change. How did I let him come close to me again? Why do I do this to myself?

Khushi cried for what seemed forever. Finally when she was done she patted her hair down and cleaned her face.

Not anymore Khushi. You're not letting him close to you anymore.

Khushi too a huge breath in and started working on the files in front of her.

_______________________________________

HEY EVERYONE. HOPED YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER.

TO BE HONEST I DONT KNOW WHERE I WANT TO TAKE THIS STORY, SO THAT'S WHY MY UPDATES ARE A LITTLE SLOW. SORRY ABOUT THAT.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA AS TO HOW I CAN TAKE THIS STORY AHEAD, PLEASE DO MESSAGE ME AND WE CAN DISCUSS SOMETHING. IT'LL BE REALLY HELPFUL.

OK SO LIKE/ COMMENT THIS STORY AND THANKS FOR READING!