"Expectations"-6

"Sometimes we create our own heartbreaks through expectations."

.........................................................................................................

"Hi Ms. Gupta, glad to see you've thought about our offer"

Khushi sat down on the chair provided for her and looked at the contract placed in front of her.

"Can you clarify to me what this offer is? Also why am I getting so much money offered?"

Khushi had been thinking about the offer since 2 days. She had been thinking about what Arnav said to her. She had been thinking about how close they were, how close their lips were.

"Well Ms. Gupta--"

"Call me Khushi please."

"Okay Khushi...ji, we are offering you to be the girlfriend of the owner of the AR industries. We want you to represent our company. I know you might be wondering why are we offering you the job and not any model. Well, the reason behind that is you are perfect for this job, you are incredibly pretty and you know about our business too."

Khushi didn't know whether to blush on his comment about being beautiful or to be mad at his offer.

"I think...you've got the wrong girl. I'm not that type of person!"

Khushi got up from her seat and shook her head in anger.

"Khushi ji just think about it. This will help us and it will help your career. Also, this amount of money can help you start your own business."

Khushi thought for a while.

My business. Money. Girlfriend.

"Khushi ji take your time and think about it!"

Arnav.

"Does your boss know about this deal?"

"Yes...he does, but he wanted me to talk to you about it."

Khushi looked at the contract and then thought about her morals. Then she looked at the amount of money and thought about her future, her business, her career.

"Where's the pen?"

Khushi quickly signed the documents and handed them back to Aman.

"When do I start acting?"

"From tomorrow. By the way, Khushi you've taken the correct decision."

Khushi merely nodded her head and headed out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a few minutes after Khushi left, Aman received a call from the master planner.

"Did she say yes?"

"Yes ma'am, I said exactly what you told me to say and she agreed to the offer!"

"Excellent! This is going to be great!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Girlfriend. Offer. Career. Future. Arnav.

Khushi walked to the exit as she thought about what she just agreed to. She agreed to become Arnav's girlfriend for 6 months. She agreed to be with a guy who she was in love with, but he broke her trust.

He broke me.

"Khushi!"

She jumped as she heard her name be yelled across the hallway.

Arnav?

Khushi walked closer to Arnav and Arnav walked closer to Khushi.

"What do you want? You knew about all of this and you didn't tell me? Why didn't you ask me? Why did you always send other people to do things for you?"

Khushi was very frustrated and she couldn't stop herself from screaming at Arnav.

Arnav looked at Khushi with his steel eyes and then looked around the office. All eyes were on them.

He gently grabbed Khushi's small hand and pulled her to his office.

He locked the door behind him and pushed Khushi against the wall.

"Don't you ever dare to speak to me like that in my office...ever again! You understand!"

Khushi shivered listening to his ice cold tone, which he had never used with her till now.

"Do you understand?"

She nodded her head up and down.

"Now I told you yesterday to say no! Why'd you say yes? If I had hurt you so much, why'd you sign the damn contract!"

Khushi looked down at her feet to think about her answer.

Why did I say yes? Because of him stupid!

"I...I..I needed... I mean I..."

Arnav lets go of Khushi and took a step back. He watched as she stumbled with her words.

"Well, I don't want an explanation. You've signed a contract so you'll have to fulfill it. However, I'm going to remind you again you're going to regret this.... Anyways our relationship won't be anything like a real relationship. In public, we'll act like a happy couple and in private you have your life and I have mine. I have a girlfriend so don't expect anything from me."

Khushi wanted to cry. Wasn't this the same thing he told her years ago.

Our relationship won't be anything like a real relationship.

She looked up at Arnav to see a little regret in his eyes which vanished in seconds.

"I've never expected anything from you anyway Mr. Raizada. I know my limits. You have your girlfriend and I have my family. Let's respect that. ''

Arnav wanted to step towards Khushi, he wanted to take her up in his arms and wipe her tears away. However, he couldn't.

"May I leave?"

Khushi left a regretful Arnav alone in his office, in his thoughts.

I've never expected anything from you.

Arnav hated hearing these words from Khushi, but he knew she was right. She had never asked anything of him him, but all he did was give her misery. All he did was break her. All he did was shred her heart into pieces.

Now they had to act like the couple they used to be years ago. Until he messed up.

.............................................................................................

Hey wonderful people, sorry for the sucky update, but school work is just getting too much! I swear I'm done with school, but it has just started!

Anyways like and comment. Also follow for more updates and check out my Arnav & Khushi Short Stories!

Thanks for all the love and lovely comments. It really inspires me when I read your messages. If you have any ideas that you would like to share so I can improve my story, please share them with me.