truth - 13

Arnav sat down pressing on his temples. He stared at the girl laughing with someone across him.

He thought about the call that warned him about Khushi years ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Past

"She's after your money. She doesn't care about you or your family. She will break your family like that evil woman Garima did with your mom and dad. However, this time you will lose someone else."

At that time Arnav refused to believe the caller. He knew many people were jealous of him and just thought of the call as a trick or prank. However days later he heard Khushi and her friends talk about how lucky Khushi was to get a rich guy like Arnav. He heard Khushi say from her own mouth, "Of course I am lucky, I trapped a guy like Arnav Singh Raizada. He'll never break my heart."

At that moment he planned to do exactly what she didn't want, he would break her heart and send her away from him. 

Now years later when she was back, a little piece of him believed she was back for his money, and another believed that she was here for him. He was stuck between two roads of passion, one led him towards hating her and the other led him towards loving her.

He decided to follow the road towards love. He couldn't stay away even if he tried, which is why he followed her to her house and confessed his love for him. However, after the little confession between Khushi and him he got another phone call.

"Sometimes listening to your heart isn't the right thing to do. Instead, listen to your mind. Is she actually here for you? Does she even care about you? If she does then why didnt' she react when she saw you with Lavanya? Check her phone, check her messages and you know I'm speaking the truth!"

Arnav stilled when he heard the caller say all of that. How did he know? Who was he? Was he right? And should I check her phone?

Arnav did the first thing he felt was the right thing to do which was to identify who the caller was. He rang Aman and told him to trace the call, but even after tracing the call he didn't find the caller.

The next thing to do was to get rid of his doubts about Khushi.

Arnav stared at the sleeping Khushi and then at her phone that laid beside her.

He picked it up and checked her recent messages.

Aditiya: Well I'll come over someday and we will talk about what to do next.

Arnav stared at the phone in confusion. He didn't know who was Aditiya and why he wanted to talk to his Khushi, but he wasn't getting a good feeling from any of this. Just then he got another call.

"Well i guess you found out by now. Khushi isn't all that innocent, she's planning to ruin you with the son of Garima. I know you've tried identifying me, but you'll never know me until the day I want you to know. Just know I am your well wisher."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arnav opened his eyes when he heard his sister call him.

"Yes di?"

"Chote I've been looking for you everywhere! Everyone is asking for you and you're standing here in this corner."

"Sorry di, I was just distracted a little. Actually---"

"I get it chote, you've been thinking about Khushi hehe"

"Why would I think about her ?"

"I was just kidding chote! Why are you getting angry? Let's go you have to go on stage and make the announcement!"