What about that spaghetti bolognese?

What exactly happened between midnight and 4am Emmeline was sure she would never know. Nor would she know why she was leaning over an iron railing in front of a house in Notting Hill and vomiting spaghetti Bolognese all over the lovely rose garden there. Well, to be fair she knew why she was vomiting, but not why it was spaghetti Bolognese.

"When exactly did I eat spaghetti?" She asked Gulliver with all the misery of someone about to die.

Gulliver was holding her hair off her face and trying to stay as far away from her as possible.

"Why aren't you doing this?" She asked him begrudgingly.

"Because I didn't drink as much as you," he replied, grimacing as she wiped a stray strand of spaghetti from her chin.

"Why?" she asked again.

"To be honest I don't know," he admitted.

"Is that blood?!" She asked with shock, trying to look at her elbow.

"Yes, you fell over."

She took a closer look at her mangled elbow, and then vomited over the roses once more.

"Where's my jacket?" She asked finally, sort of understanding in the process of thoughts that if her elbow was bloody and exposed then her favourite jacket must be missing.

Gulliver have her a sorrowful look, "I don't know, Emmy."

"Where is my phone?"

Gulliver was slower to reply this time, "You threw it at Stan."

"Stan?"

"Your boyfriend."

"Ex—"

"Yes, you made that pretty clear to him."

"I did? Good." She sighed, and then spat a few foul-tasting chunky remnants from her mouth.

"Oh Emmy, that's so—revolting." He was dry retching in his throat.

"Sorry," she said, wiping her mouth with her sleeve. "Why did Stan come?"

Gulliver shrugged. "He called you, you told him not to come, but you also told him exactly where we were, and he turned up about 2am, pretty shook up so I don't know what happened with him. I guess we'll never know though because you told him a few rather colourful things and then threw your phone at his head."

"Oh, cool. Do you have water?" Everything was slowly becoming clearer to her. She realised they were outside Poppy's house, and that it appeared to have been Poppy's mother's roses that she had just fertilised several times over. "That's awkward," she muttered to herself.

At that moment, Thomas came out of the house and shut the door quietly behind him.

Emmeline was pleased to see he had a drink bottle in his free hand.

"Took you long enough," Gulliver said with a grunt as he prised Emmeline off the fence.

"What is that smell?" Thomas asked, scrunching up his nose.

"Spaghetti Bolognese," Emmeline told him.

Thomas sighed and shared a look with Gulliver before turning back to Emmeline, "Ugh, ok. Now let's get you home."

**********

Day 3. My next topic is Spaghetti Bolognese. When Mirka gave me the topic, I had to laugh, because there are so many things you can do with spaghetti...