Chapter 20: Birthday Surprise

Start from the beginning

"Betty, huh? I thought you were stuck on Miranda." Flaky reminded, raising an eyebrow. 

"Oh, uh... Well, er..." Toothy stuttered, twisting his fingers together nervously. Flaky eyed him suspiciously. 

"Aw, shucks! You got me! But, please! Don't tell Miranda! Promise me this'll just be between me and you!" Toothy confessed dramatically. Toothy had this sort of fantasy world where cars are just like women. Flaky sighed. She usually just played along, even though it got a bit weird at some times where she had to actually talk to a car. 

"Don't worry, I won't tell. If you get me to the beach on time." Flaky said casually. Toothy laughed aloud and started up the car. "Whatever you say, missy!" And with that, he drove down the road. Several minutes later, they arrived at the beach. Nutty, Cuddles, Petunia, Handy, and Mime were waiting there by the table with a pack of coal sitting near their feet. 

"Finally! I'm so hungry!" Petunia exclaimed as she saw Flaky and Toothy emerge from the car with tupperwares full of food. She jumped up and dashed toward Flaky, snatching the tupperware from her hands and setting it down on the table. She yanked the cover open impatiently.

"Cook it already, Cuddles! I'm- er, we're starving!" Petunia demanded ferociously, stomping her foot.

"Alright, chill!" said Cuddles, sliding the coal down into the grill. He lighted the fire and took a few swift steps back. He took a few slices of bacon and laid them down onto the grill. Petunia's mouth watered as she watched it sizzle.

"Patience, Petunia. Come play cards with me." said Mime. Petunia groaned loudly and then hesitantly headed over to Mime.

Flaky chuckled. Petunia has been dating Mime for almost two months now, and the couple has never even fought once. Flaky felt a ray of sadness dawn on her heart. She felt sorry for Mime. In actuality, Petunia was just using him to get Handy's attention. It was rather sad, really. Mime was her friend and he didn't deserve to be so cruelly toyed with. She told Mime countless times that Petunia was just using him, but he said he didn't care. Flaky shook the thought off when suddenly, the image of Flippy's face flashed in her mind.

Her expression brightened and she unconsciously released a warm, kind smile. Just the thought of Flippy was enough to make her melt.

Her daydream was soon interrupted when Petunia grabbed her arm and dragged her away behind a tree.

"P-Petunia!" Flaky cried out.

Petunia simply huffed at her and said, "Where's your bikini?!"

"M-My b-b-bikini?" Flaky stuttered, blinking. Her eyes wandered off innocently, and she started whistling like it was the most natural thing in the world. "I... f-forgot.. it." Flaky didn't want to show her bikini. It was too revealing for her taste and she was ashamed to wear it around in the open. She thought the dress would have satisfied Petunia's sense of fashion and she would have left it alone.

Petunia immediatly snapped. Flaky didn't know why Petunia was so angry, but it definitely wasn't pretty. "That's it!" Petunia lifted Flaky's dress which revealed her bikini. Flaky's face turned red and she squealed with embarrassment. Petunia smiled slyly. "So, you did bring your bikini." Flaky attempted to make another excuse, but it only came out in confused stammers.

"Take it off." ordered Petunia abruptly.

"T-T-Take w-what off?" Flaky said meekly, gulping down her fear. She knew those cunning eyes of Petunia's were up to no good.

"Take. Off. The. Dress."

"But, uh.."

"Take it off!" Petunia commanded, almost to the point of yelling. Flaky blinked her tears away in fear and nodded her head slightly. She was about to take her dress off when she heard a familiar sound. It sounded like an engine based on all the low, vibrating growls her ears recieved from it. She raised her head and saw Flippy's truck heading into the parking lot.

Flaky immediatly forgot about Petunia ran over to the pavillion and gestured everyone to stay low and hide. Everyone concealed themselves. Some hid under the table, others simply hiding behind a tree or the pavillion's pillars.

Flippy headed out his truck and looked around. He walked down to the pavillion when suddenly, a bunch of people came out of nowhere and started shouting. Flippy nearly jumped out of his skin. He could feel Fliqpy's pyschotic self rising. But he was immediatly calmed down when he saw the soft, scarlet eyes he adored so much. It was Flaky.

Flippy looked around, surprised. He had forgotten. Today was his birthday!  He was astonished to see all his friends by his side, even after what happened before. Cuddles looked a little nervous, but after seeing Flippy so happy, the tension receded from him. 

Flippy was touched. Flaky smiled at him. It always pleased her to see him so happy. She took a deep breath and smiled. "Happy Birthday, Flippy."