Chapter 8: There's A First Time For Everything

Flaky opened her closet, searching for the right outfit. She saw a purple gown she once wore to a concert. It was nice, but she remembered she tore it when it caught on a thorn bush. Moving on, there was a thin, strapless satin blonde dress. "Definitely not." said Flaky. Then she saw her mother's scarlet treasure. The velvet red dress seemed to stand out more than any other outfit in her closet. It was simple, but beautiful. She remembered when her mother once wore it. Flaky had never seen true beauty before. She tried it on and examined herself in the mirror. 

It was perfect. She put on a matching silver necklace with a small ruby swan hanging from it. "I'm ready." she declared, going downstairs. She waited nervously in the living room, excited. Then there was a knock on the door. She felt like the butterflies in her stomach were fluttering their hardest this time. She went over to the door and opened it. It was Flippy, standing at the door. He was smiling and holding a bouquet of roses. 

"For me? Oh, Flippy! I love roses! How'd you know?" she said, taking the roses and smelling their delightful aroma. He just chuckled nervously and scratched his head. "You look beautiful." Flippy complimented, looking at her in awe. She was a beauty to behold. Flaky giggled and said, "You too." Flippy helped her into his truck and got in. They drove down the highway till they reached the theaters. "We're here," he said, and stopped the car. Flaky got out and slid her tickets in the machine. With that, they both entered and saw a few familiar faces there. There was Mime, Nutty, Sniffles, Lumpy, and Cuddles. "I'm gonna get snacks first, okay? Then we'll go see the movie." said Flaky as she walked over to the cash register man. She browsed through the infinite selection of sweets and sours. 

Flippy decided to use this time to have a little fun at the arcade machines. He tried out a few and wasted a couple of dollars, but that didn't stop him from spending more. Then a particular doll caught his eye. It was a white doll with a heart on it that said, "I Love You". He turned around to see if Flaky was looking at him, and saw she was still focusing on what snack to get. He put it a quarter and tried to get the white doll. He failed miserably four times, then finally managed to get a hook on it during his fifth attempt. He stuffed the doll into his jacket and whistled casually when Flaky approached him with a plastic of yummies, popcorn, and a drink. Flaky gave Flippy the popcorn to hold. 

"Come on, let's go see the movie!" Flaky giggled, taking him by the hand. Flippy followed her into the theater room where they took a seat at the back. 

Seeing as Flaky was immersed with the movie, he slowly put his arm around her. Flaky felt his hands on her shoulders, and couldn't help but smile. Flippy pretended to be into the movie, as if he didn't know what was going on. 

When the movie was over, Flippy and Flaky walked out, laughing their hearts out. "Remember when he fell off the trampoline? Hilarious!" Flaky exclaimed, laughing uncontrollably. "Oh, oh, oh! And then that dog came and chased after him!" said Flippy, laughing along. It was already nightfall. 

"That movie lasted hours!" said Flaky. "I know, right? But those were probably the most funniest hours of my life!" Flippy snickered. Flaky looked up at Flippy. She loved his soft, green hair and the way his bluish eyes shined. She put her arm around his while they walked to the truck. Flippy's heart began pounding. That move was unexpected. 

When they reached the truck, Flippy and Flaky got in and attached their seatbelts. "Tonight was fun." Flaky commented. "Yeah, it was." Flippy replied. 

Finally, they arrived at Flaky's house. ".. Bye.." said Flaky, sad to have to leave after all the fun they had together. "Bye.." Flippy replied, wishing their time together could have lasted longer. Flaky unhooked her seatbelt and was about to get out when she stopped.

Suddenly, she turned around and kissed Flippy. It was like she didn't have control of her body. It acted on its own, ignoring the mind but obeying the heart. Flippy did not resist her kiss. Instead, he put his arms around her and held her close, kissing her back, savoring the special moment.

Flaky's lips slowly let go of his and with that, she left the car without saying another word. He watched, lovestruck, as Flaky walked into her house and waved goodbye before closing the door.

He turned on the engine and drove off, still feeling the touch of her soft, warm lips on his. 

When he reached home, he opened the door and let out a sigh. Flaky was all he could think about. He took off his jacket and went straight to bed, mesmerized by her kiss. After lying in bed for a while, he finally snapped back to reality. But Flaky still lingered in his mind. 

You played her good. Keep it up, and I might have a chance to finish where I left off with her. 

Fliqpy popped into his head. But Fliqpy's taunts did not affect him. Instead, he found this a chance to find the answer to a question he had been thinking about all day long. 

"Hey, Fliqpy?"

What?

"How did you know she liked roses?"