Chapter 9: Confession

Luck, I guess. 

"Luck? Psh. That's the most stupidest excuse I've ever heard." 

The fuck did you say to me, boy!? You better watch your mouth.  

"I'm not dumb, Fliqpy! Tell me the truth. Exactly how much do you know about Flaky?" 

A lot more than you could ever fucking know, that's how much. 

"Then explain! How do you know?" 

Because I, not you, was her childhood friend. That's why you have such little memories of her. 

"That explains why I can't remember much of her.. but I don't get it. How did you manage to be in control for so long?" 

Because Flaky was my inspiration. She was my purpose. Whenever I saw her, I used every ounce of my power to take over. There was just something special about Flaky that I saw in her. We became closer than anyone I've bonded with. Soon, I couldn't get enough of her. I was the bee and she was my honey. That was, until we were sent to war. Everything changed then. 

"Then why do you keep threatening to hurt her?! And why did you harass her that night she saved me?!" 

Because she posed as a threat. 

"A threat?! How could Flaky be a threat?! All she's done so far was help me!"

War is my purpose now! The violence.. the blood... the suffering... It was a new purpose! It filled me with such pleasure! I don't want to lose it. And Flaky poses as a threat to that. 

"Wait- You... You still have feelings for her!" 

Suddenly, Fliqpy started laughing aloud.

Ha! Feelings, huh? Maybe so. But what'cha gonna do bout' it? 

"So you admit it. You like her." 

'Like her'? Fuck that! I love her! Since childhood all the way up to now! That's why she poses as a threat. 

Flippy's ears twitched. He had to confess, he was jealous. He felt for Flaky the same way Fliqpy did, and he wasn't looking forward to sharing her with a cruel, vicious murderer. But still, he had never seen Fliqpy like this. Although the tone of his voice made everything he said sound like a cruel joke, there was that hint of sincerity he let slip through. 

"How is loving Flaky a threat?! If I were you, I would take it as a chance to change myself!"

Because even if I did and left the war behind me, nothing would change. 

"What do you mean?" 

Flaky can never love a man like me. 

Flippy was astounded. Fliqpy actually sounded... sad. He really means it.. There's no denying it. I can tell when Fliqpy's lying.. and right now, he isn't. Flippy bit his lip. His question was finally answered, although, he wished it wasn't. If Fliqpy could love... then maybe.. But then he instantly remembered all the horrible things Fliqpy did. The way he hurt his friends and the way he hurt Flaky. 

"If you loved Flaky, why did you hurt her?!" 

I was trying to scare her away, so she'd never come back again. 

"Why?!" 

So she'd be safe from me. And because I don't want her infecting me with that.. that beautiful smile of hers. 

 Flippy could understand everything now. Fliqpy was scared to love Flaky again, fearing his efforts would be in vain and he would then have nothing to live for. For once, Fliqpy was actually scared of something. The man was known to have no fears or feelings for anything or anyone. That's why he was valued in the army. He killed when told to kill. He showed no resistance, and no sympathy for his victims. But who knew that this heartless man could actually love someone? That he could actually feel sadness, jealousy, fear, and many more? It was almost unbelievable. It was like Flaky had said to him. 

"What if Fliqpy is a... a g-good guy?" 

But don't think this changes anything. I may love Flaky, but I never said anything about anyone else. Killing has become an addiction to me. Nothing will change that. 

Flippy knew it. He was still that heartless bastard that murdered and hurt his friends. However, it was like Flaky was an exception of his cruel game. That's probably why he never hurt her when he saved her from Shifty and Lifty. It also explains why he was embracing her when he regained consciousness. That's when Flippy realized something. Suddenly, he got out his phone and called Flaky. 

"Hello?"

"Uh, Flaky? Its Flippy. Just wanna say I had a great time today, and I was wondering if we continue it at the park? Having a picnic sounds nice." 

"S-sure! Great! I'll meet you there in the morning!" 

"Alright then, see you tomorrow!" 

"B-bye!" 

Then he hung up. 

What the hell are you trying to pull, you little shit!? Fliqpy growled, thinking Flippy was trying to make him jealous. 

"Hey, Fliqpy?" 

What?! 

"How about a deal?" 

A deal? The fuck are you talking about?

"I'll let you take over tomorrow. But you have to promise me you'll take Flaky on this date in the park." 

Just what the hell are you planning? I already told you I don't want that girl near me! 

"Fine then. You can stay tucked away in my head for all I care, I guess..." 

... FINE! I'll take the damn red-haired idiot on a date. But what's the catch? 

"Nothing, no catch. You just have to spend the whole day with her, that's all." 

Hmph. Fine, whatever. As long as I'm in control and I get to do whatever the fuck I want. 

"Alright. Its a deal, then." 

Flippy closed his eyes, and drifted off to sleep. His plan was in action.