Chapter 20: Birthday Surprise

"Who's birthday again?"

"Flippy's!"

"I dunno, Flaky... Remember last time?"

"Yeah.. but this time will be different! Please?"

"*sigh* Fine.. I'll come! I just hope you know what you're doing..."

"Thank you so much, Cuddles! I'll see you there, then!"

Flaky hung up the phone and squealed excitingly. Flippy's birthday was just tomorrow! She managed to get Nutty, Mime, Cuddles, and a few other friends to tag along. Everything was ready! The food, the cake, the pres- Wait, presents? Flaky slapped her forehead and sighed irritably. She couldn't believe she forgot his present! She wondered what kind of things Flippy likes. He sure likes military-related things, like guns or soldier outfits.

She visited the nearest local store and browsed around looking for the ideal gift. That was when she eyed something shiny. It was a couple of braided, leather bracelets. One had a ruby embedded in it, and the other an emerald. On the name tag was Lover's Bond. Flaky thought it was perfect! She bought it and slipped it in her purse. When she went home, she tucked it away in a little box and wrapped it up.

Flaky preferred to give gifts Christmas-Style, or so she likes to call it. She lied down on her bed and opened her phone. She texted Flippy, saying,

"Come to the beach tomorrow at 10 am. I have something to show you."

She smiled and flopped down on her bed. She was exhausted. Preparing everything required for a birthday party by yourself was quite tiring! She opened her phone again, and received a reply from Flippy, stating, "Sure, I'll see you there."

Flaky grinned. Her plan was in action. Everything was perfect! Now all she needed to do was wait until tomorrow. She looked out her window. The sun was setting. She remembered the first time she viewed a sunset with Flippy. That place was where they confessed their love to each other. How romantic would it be to have his party there! Flaky thought to herself, daydreaming. She tugged the blanket over herself and closed her eyes. Slowly, she drifted off to sleep....

Ding!!! Ding!!! Ding!!!
The alarm clock rang loudly. Flaky banged her fiston the alarm clock, knocking it off. She stretched and yawned, smacking her lips drowsily. She never was an early-riser to begin with. She stumbled downstairs and into the bathroom. She took a warm, relaxing shower that seemed to wash off her sleepiness. She dressed into her bikini and felt embarrased when she looked in the mirror. She wasn't used to revealing so much skin. She picked out the plumeria dress that she and Flippy had bought from the mall before and wriggled it on, concealing the bikini. 

"That's better." she told herself. 

She headed into the kitchen and fixed herself some breakfast, gobbling down on it hungrily. She was so tired and busy she had forgotten to eat lunch and dinner yesterday. She drank down a cupful of milk and slumped down in her armchair. Suddenly, there was a loud honk outside her house. She peeked out her window and saw Toothy sitting in his blue mustang. That blue mustang was Toothy's pride and joy. He loved it. So much that he even had a name for it! 

Flaky grabbed her jacket and burst out the door, jumping in and grinning excitingly. 

"Thanks for picking me up!" said Flaky, clicking on her seatbelt. 

"No problem! Me and Betty'll pick you up any time! Just give the word and I'll be here faster than a kangaroo on a bicycle!" said Toothy, revealing his famous pair of bucktooths as his lips stretched into a smile.