Chapter 8: Contacts

(RILEY's POV)

"Isang hot choco po. Tsaka dalawang brownies." (One hot choco. And two brownies please.) a woman ordered.

"Hot choco and brownies? Coming up maam. Here's your table number." I said.

I took a hot choco cup from the kitchen counter and poured the pre-stirred hot choco. I added hot water to saturate the mix and stirred.

I got the cap and closed it.

Next, I opened the glass cake shelf, took brownies and put them on a plate.

And finally from the stack of trays, I pulled one and placed everything.

I was about to serve the customer when a guy approached the counter and another order came.

"Apat na strawberry frappe po tsaka glazed donuts po." (Four strawberry frappes and glazed donuts please.) he said.

"Got it sir. Serve ko lang 'to, I'll be right back." (Got it sir. I'll just serve this. I'll be right back.) I politely said.

"Sige po thank you." (Ok. Thank you.) he replied.

That is a common scenario and there are more extreme situations than that. I've experienced taking many orders at the same time.

I can't say I'm used to it already but one thing I know for sure is I really need someone to help me this time.

"Here's your hot choco and brownies ma'am. Just let me know if you need anything else." I said.

"Thanks." she answered as she exposes her perfect white teeth.

I quickly returned to the counter where the customer is waiting.

"Sir, thank you for waiting. Ahhh, four strawberry frappe tsaka apat na glazed donuts no sir?" (Sir thank you for waiting. Ahhh, four strawberry frappe and four glazed donuts right sir?) I asked to clarify.

"Oo tama po." (That's right.) he said.

"Ano pong size nung mga frappe sir?" (What are the sizes of the frappes sir?)

"Medium lang po." (Medium.) he answered.

And then a woman came approaching him.

"Gawin mo nang large yung isa kuya." (Upgrade one order to large please.) she abruptly said.

They looked at each other. The woman is smiling but the guy looks bothered. 

I think they know each other and so I answered.

"Ok ma'am."

"Jelly." he called as if he's stopping her to say any word from this point. But there's no stopping the woman.

"Tsaka magdagdag ka na rin ng isa pang donut. Favorite ko kasi yun eh." (Another thing, add an extra donut. It's my favorite.) she added.

"Teka teka. Hindi ka pwedeng kumain ng masyadong matamis di ba?" (Wait wait. You can't eat too much sweets, can you?) the guys asked.

"Bakit?" (Why?) the woman asked back innocently smiling at his 'friend'. "Madalang lang naman ah."  (It's not that I eat sweets everyday.) she even added.

"Nakalimutan mo na bang sinabi sa medical mo 'yon? Di ba?" (Did you forget it was mentioned on your medical test? Right?) he confirms.

"Minsan lang naman ako kumain ng sweets ah!" (I don't eat sweets very often!) she defended.

It's starting to sound like a couple fight.