𝖽𝖾𝖺𝖽 𝖻𝖻𝗒𝗌

(y/n)'s perspective

(y/n)'s perspective

two months and eighteen days since the dead had risen from their buried graves.

i sit up from my "bed," which really is just a bathtub inside an abandoned hotel stuffed to the brim with blankets and pillows i managed to snatch before the raids began.

as i play with a cigarette lighter, i hear creaking from the cheap floorboards that connect to my bathroom-bedrooms.

i stop flickering the lighter and slowly reach down for my axe as i stand up silently, bracing myself to swing at whoever or whatever that stood behind that door as the footsteps stopped behind it, the faint darkness of a shadow seeping in under the door.

i crept my way in front of the locked door, my pink bunny socks pressed against the dirty tiles as i clutched my axe in my rough hands.

the shadow stops moving

for only

a moment

until the doorknob begins convulsing terrifyingly as whoever on the other end vigorously shakes it, furiously rattling the knob.

the loud noises trigger my fight or flight response, and as the knobs falls off the door, a skeletal figure that resembled what had once been an elderly woman pushed down the ruined door and pounced at me, with decaying flesh sagging from her rotting complexion as what was left of her right cheek splatted on the floor. before the woman can chomp her infectious jaws on me, my heavy axe swings down onto the top of her head with a repulsive crunch as her deathly body falls to the ground.

i take a deep breath to calm myself, considering how i'm still struggling to breathe after being scared after seeing that old hag's traumatizing face.

most people would think that like a week into the zombie apocalypse, i would be desensitized to all the gory stuff.

well that's gonna take a while.