[9]

As Gajeel pulled his arm back ready to land a hit, the island started to tremble.

"What the...?!" Gajeel shouted as he braced himself.

"Hm, the dragon chain has connected," Pantherlily said rather smugly.

"We didn't make it," Gajeel muttered out.

"You put up a valiant effort, however, we have won this battle," Pantherlily said.

Gajeel clenched his teeth, "You haven't won shit. Those idiots down there never give up when it comes to protecting their friends."

"Shall we continue this fight then?"

Gajeel was about to respond when they started to move.
"Are we moving?" Gajeel asked.
"We will ram this lacrima into Extalia, and they will annihilate each other," Pantherlily confessed and smirked as he saw them growing closer.
"That's nuts," Gajeel said as he looked at the lacrima, his guildmates were still alive in there. "This is messed up," Gajeel muttered.
He had to break them out.
"How-how can you do something so horrible?" Happy asked through tears. Pantherlily let out a huff as he looked away, "I don't need to explain anything to you."
"Gajeel!" Happy cried out. "Hurry and destroy the lacrima and turn everyone back to normal!" Happy shouted as they picked up speed.
"I won't make it, it's accelerating!" Gajeel muttered as he stared at Extalia getting bigger by the second.
The lacrima was too big - if it took as much time as it did to turn Erza and Gray back then the others would become their old forms as they crashed into the island. With his limited magic energy, he had to choose to turn the others back or do what he can to stop the islands from crashing.
What should he do?
He had to decide quickly!
Each second was needed.
Should he risk them turning back as they collide? Risk getting crushed and failing to stop the islands from crashing?
What should he-
"Natsu!!"
Suddenly the blue cat started to shout out the Salamander's name. Gajeel sensed their magic energy and smirked.
They sure did like to arrive right in the nick of time.
He had decided what to do.
Gajeel smirked as he began to run off, "We'll finish this later, cat!"
"Running for it?" Pantherlily shouted in shock.
"I ain't runnin' or hidin'! I'm going to stop this and finish this!"
"Stop it? You're going to 'stop' it? The entire floating island connected to the Dragon Chain? That's a fool's errand! There is no tomorrow for us, we have nothing left!"
"Oi!" Gajeel shouted as he turned back on the ledge and pointed at the cat.
"After this, I'm taking you back to my guild one way or the other! And then I'm making you my cat. Gihi."
Gajeel jumped off the island and started to freefall. He had kicked off the side so he landed on Extalia. He dug his spades into the ground to make sure he stayed.
Gajeel squinted as he looked around to see who he could have out and saw familiar scarlet hair.
"Gajeel? Why haven't you returned everyone else to normal like us? You have to hurry!" Erza shouted as they both pushed against the island.
"That black cat got in my way!" Gajeel shouted referring to Pantherlily.
Gray and Lucy backed him up and continued to push against the island. Gajeels arms burned as the force of the island pushed back on him. He scowled, he had to train more. If he had trained more he could have held
his own!

If he had been stronger he could have beaten Pantherlily and turned everyone back by now. Maybe then this would not have happened.

Gajeel grunted as his arms went back slightly more, there was no way they could push the island away by themselves. They needed a whole army or a few more of himself.

Maybe if he had some iron...

"Gah!" Gajeel shouted as the island pushed forward slightly more, his muscles were burning.

"Hold on!" Erza shouted. "We have to keep the islands from crashing!"

Suddenly, a bunch of flying cats appeared. They flocked to the sides and pushed against the island to help.