Angel

"We we're bound to meet
But not to stay"

Tell me where I went wrong.

That was all Jeongyeon could beg for.

I just want to know. The woman sobbed on her empty bed. Why wasn’t I enough?

She knew she wasn’t the most beautiful woman in the world. But Jimin said she was, or at least Jimin made her believe she was. Those words that he said, were they all lies too?

Maybe she was wrong to build her self worth over the words of some other man, but Jeongyeon never, in a million years, thought that the man she had loved with all her heart would ever do this to her after all.

She never knew that this was how their love would turn out.

She closed her eyes, willing the tears to stop. But every time she did, all she could see was the image of her other half kissing someone else at the middle of the club.

The worst part?

Jeongyeon was supposed to be used to it.

For this wasn’t the first time Jimin had done this.

He had done it over and over again, and after each time he did so, he came back to Jeongyeon on his knees, begging to take him back because, ‘I didn’t mean it, Jeongyeon-ah, it’s still you, and they were a mistake. You’re the only one that’s right for me. I love you, my angel'

And oh Jeongyeon good ‘ol Jeongyeon with a pure stupid heart, could only open her arms and take him back again. Not because she had truly forgiven him, but because Jeongyeon was stupid enough to believe that Jimin would someday change. That a time will come, that their love for each other would finally, finally , triumph.

Until tonight.

Tonight when she had seen Jimin in the arms of another woman, lips in a sensual dance in the middle of a crowd as if nothing was wrong with what they were doing. As if it wasn’t shameful, as if they weren’t shameful enough.

Truth be told, if she never got the text from Nayeon and Jihyo, that his boyfriend of four years was fooling around at the club again, Jeongyeon wouldn’t be able to tally this off tonight.

But what was so different about tonight? Why did tonight hurt a lot?

Ah yes, because tonight, Jimin was in the arms of not just any other woman.

He was in the arms of his ex-girlfriend just before Jeongyeon he was with her

The heavy weight on her chest was gruesome. She felt like being crushed underneath a wrecking ball over and over again. Nothing could ever compare to the way her blood froze, and how her heart stopped beating the moment she saw Jimin's lips on her's. And when time finally came back and she had once again regained her senses, the pain literally threw Jeongyeon  off of her feet.

She was still sobbing so harshly when she finally heard the front door open.

Jimin was home .

(If this place still had any semblance of home, that is.)

The boy crept up to their room, and with each footstep, Jeongyeon felt her heart break into half and half and half again, until it was practically crushed into nonexistence. It literally hurt that much.

Jimin was careful in his footsteps, he didn’t know if his girlfriend was still awake. He hated depriving Jeongyeon of some good night’s sleep after all.

Oh how ironic that he was actually the cause of Jeongyen’s worst nightmares.

So he was careful, but a few steps away from their door and he heard it — heavy sobs from the woman he loved the most. So without any grace, Jimin opened their door, and was greeted to the sight of, well – complete and utter heartbreak.