Chapter Forty Five

Start from the beginning

I tilt my head, surprised he isn't in more of a rut thinking about his future here in this Pack. "Shouldn't we be thinking about your future as Alpha first?"

"Why don't we think about that tomorrow?" he offers lightly. I nod slowly, looking down at my hands. Despite everything still weighing down upon me, I feel okay. Noah and I may have a chance to be normal, to give each a chance despite all of this. I'm eager to see what it will be like, to be his partner, his mate. It's so strange to think about.

We meet gazes, sharing what feels like a buzzing connection between us. "You somehow always make a situation seem better than it actually is."

There's something about the way he looks at me, the way he smiles softly that assures me that this is the right decision, that I'm looking at my mate and I love him. And not to mention, I'm incredibly attracted to him, even now, when everything is so uncertain.

And I know he feels the same.

No words to be shared, as he leans forward, painfully slowly as if he is waiting for my permission. Watching those beautiful green eyes shutter closed, our lips touch, everything slotting into place. This is what I've waited for; a moment of peace, away from the worries, to just be with each other.

Noah's hand gently pushes me back, until I'm laying flat against the bed while he leans over me, not breaking the kiss. His body feels warm and soft against mine, while his hand gently cups the side of my face, making me shiver.

Rearing up against him, I savour the taste of him, his lips against mine, the way his hand moves down past my shoulders, down my waist and to my hips.

A knock on the doorframe has us both pulling away from each other quickly.

Stace stands at the doorway, eyebrows raised into his dark fringe of hair. Brushing my hair from my face, I wish away what I know is redness staining my cheeks. I hadn't even noticed Noah had left the door open.

"I don't mean to interrupt," he says flatly, as both me and Noah right ourselves. "But I thought we could talk."

"Really? Right now," Noah exasperates, motioning around us. Stace has an uncanny ability to interrupt our lives at the best of times. I still haven't been able to decide whether I like him or not. He changed my life completely, did a lot without my permission and now I'm here. Maybe he has been doing this for my benefit, but I am still unsure about him.

Stace steps into the room, the shadows making his tattoos only look more sinister. "I have a proposition for you, Noah."

"I think Abella needs a break from everything for today," Noah says firmly, glancing at me. I shrug. What more can Stace say today that can change anything. I didn't even know he was back yet from whatever he was discussing with Cian.

"Mmm, well, Abella and I have some things to talk about later," Stace mutters, looking directly at me, making me realise exactly what he and I have to go discuss. My powers, which Cian must have mentioned to him. That cannot be forgotten. "For now, shall we have a discussion?"

Noah sighs, relenting. "What do you want?"

"I want you and Abella to return home, back to my realm," Stace says calmly. Sometimes I forget that he is the King of an entire territory there. Here, I simply see him as any other person. "I will look after your Pack for you."

"You would have no idea how to deal with this Pack," Noah says slowly, almost as if he can't believe Stace is bringing this up at all. I'm just sitting here, equally as bewildered.

"I'm a King, I balance my business here and in another realm completely. I think I will manage," Stace explains slowly. Stace would be intimidating as a leader of this Pack, and would have supporters...But would he be as good as Noah?

"What about the other Alpha's? A lot of them don't know my secret, but they will know yours. They won't accept it," Noah tells him, getting to his feet. Stace doesn't exactly look normal.

Stace shrugs. "They will manage."

Noah glances behind to look at me, but I don't respond. I don't want to influence him with this, especially when it's such a big decision. I have no experience with leading a Pack, and dealing with all the other Alpha's.

"You know me Noah. You can trust me," Stace tells him. Whatever backstory is between them, I have to remember to ask Noah about later. "And I have...Unfinished business to attend to here."

"Is it your mate?" Noah questions.

Stace's expression says more than he ever could. His eyes darken, a tension brushing over him that makes me shiver. I would hate to be his mate. Noah already has enough power for me to handle.

"It's best I stay in this realm right now," Stace says slowly, a silent command to not elaborate further. I make another mental note not to speak about his mate again, since it appears to be a rather touchy subject.

Noah sighs, looking toward me. "I guess we are going home."

🖤••🖤

Want to read ahead? Noah is now officially completed over on RADISH. Go check it out!! (:

💣••💣

Cian now has his own story up in Radish! Feel free to check it out, but not before completing Alpha Noah (:

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

~Midika 💜🐼