Chapter 4

ZACHARIAH POV

"Zachariah..", his rough voice whispered.

The affect that his one word had on me was depressing honestly. It had been so long since we had last spoken and I missed him.

"Hey Mark, it's been so long.", I said softly.

"It has Zed, I missed you. And before you ask I got out two weeks ago", he sighed.

"Two weeks? Mo, it took you two weeks to contact me?", I said roughly. I was pissed now.

"I was worried. That you wouldn't wanna talk to my stupid ass.. I was in jail Zed, not in the fucking Bahamas.", Mark said with an annoyed voice.

"What made you think that huh? Christ, Mo, you're my best friend! How dare you think that I wouldn't want to talk to you? So what if you went to jail, you're out now and you better be on your way to my house you lousy ass!", I went off on him and hung up.

Mark or Mo as I called him, had been my best friend since I was a little kid.

I looked at my phone and shook my head, throwing my phone in to my bag and leaving the gym. I threw my bag on the back seat and sat in front starting up my baby and heading straight home.

He better reach by tomorrow.

FAITH POV

I woke up at six am to a blaring alarm which I quickly shut off and laid back in my bed thinking if it's really worth going to school today.

I shook my head and sat up slowly popping my joints. I threw the covers of of me and stood up, lazily walking towards my closet, pulling out a white shirt and some dark wash skinny jeans and walking towards the my own bathroom.

I walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind me, locking it. I turned to the mirror and slowly stripped off my clothes and cringed at the sight I saw, a fat and ugly, useless girl with scars littered on her thighs and hips...

It was my biggest kept secret, the uneven and jagged red lines on my body. I never let anyone know, not even my mother.

I turned away from the mirror and stepped into the shower, turning the water cold and letting it fall over myself, slightly shivering.

After what felt like hours but was actually fifteen minutes, I stepped out of the freezing water and quickly dried off before wearing my clothes and pulling my messy hair in to a pony tail.

I walked into my room and grabbed my bag, walking down the stairs and grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge before walking out the door and locking it behind me and beginning my walk to school.

ZACHARIAH POV

I was pretty exhausted when I got home.

So I took a quick shower and went to sleep, Faith and Mo occupying my thoughts.

I woke up the next morning feeling like shit, I was sore all over and had a splitting headache, so I decided to stay home instead. I went back to sleep hoping for some peace but two hours later I was woken by the doorbell ringing.

Honestly, I didn't give two shits that  I was wearing only an over sized t-shirt and boy shorts right now or that my hair looks horrible, I stormed down the stairs ready to scream at the fool standing at my doorstep but once I opened the door all those thoughts left.

Mark was standing in front of me and he looked so different I almost couldn't recognize him. He had shoulder length hair now, and he had definitely been working out. We both kept staring at each other till he awkwardly coughed bringing us back to reality.

"Uhh, may I come in?", he said while scratching his neck. A habit he always had.

"Sorry, yeah.", I shifted to the side so he could walk in and shut the door behind us.

We both looked at each other once again and he dropped his bag on the floor and moved towards me, wrapping his warm arms around me.

I missed this, I missed us. We hugged each other tightly, no words being spoken, none were needed.

He leaned back and lightly kissed my forehead before hugging me again.

"Let's go get some sleep, you look like shit, and I feel dead.", he lightly chuckled.

"Hahah. What a way to treat a lady, let's go, you can sleep in my bed now and I'll set up your room later.", I said whilst walking up the stairs.

We both walked into my room and Mark shut the door. He stripped down to his boxers and we both laid down in the bed together, pulling the covers on to ourselves. This would've been awkward for other people but we were too close to care. He pulled me onto his chest and wrapped his arms around me, making me feel warm and comfortable.

"I missed you Zed...", were the last words I heard before sleep hit me, and I couldn't help but smile.