DEAR DAD

SEPTEMBER 8

Beatrice woke up very excited, she had packed her bags the night before and was waiting for 5 pm to hurry off to the airport so as to meet her already scheduled flight. 

****

Kojo woke up with a heavy heart, he had his career right in front of him which was a miracle, but he needed to let two of the most important people in his life give him their blessings before he made his trip, and he knew it was no easy feat, then there was the church media team who he hadn't even factored in up until now, he had a presentation to make at their vigil tonight and it looked like he wasn't going to make it. 

He either had to leave tonight or first thing the following morning so as to make his meeting for 10 am. Biding his time in anticipation of his father's reply, Kojo started to pack his bags, knowing full well that if the reply from Dad was a "NO," he would unpack in a heartbeat or start thinking up strong reasons to make his Father see otherwise. 

He trusted his father that much and had always followed his directions, he wasn't about to stop now, yet it didn't hurt to be optimistic and pack his bags. 

****

Beatrice already had her bags packed, she decided to be the perfect daughter for one more day. She spent the better part of her day making soup and stew for the house with their double burner, that way she was sure there was enough food for Mum and Dad to not miss her for the first one week. 

****

Kojo had finished packing when he decided to send his father another text. He knew how busy the first two days of the week was for his father so he wasn't surprised that he might have missed the message. 

He quickly arranged his room, took off his bedsheets and swept the room before entering the bathroom. 

****

After bathing, Beatrice decided to give herself a treat, she had washed off all the kitchen smell from her skin and decided she still had some time to treat herself to cold strawberry icecream. It was barely noon. 

****

Kojo came out of the bathroom and decided to get to his father's office, that way it would be easier to tell him in person. No matter how busy Mr Adewole was, he couldn't refuse to see his kids whenever they walked into his office complex. 

****

Beatrice had been sitting inside the Keke for over ten minutes waiting for one more passenger to join them before the Keke drives off, she wasn't really in a hurry nor did she like the idea of waiting for too long inside a tricycle, but the ice cream shop wasn't going anywhere either, so she relaxed.

****

Kojo alighted the Keke that brought him all the way from his house and spotted a young man shouting "Rumodara one chance to go"

He hurriedly paid the driver that brought him to the junction and headed towards the young man.

Soon as he got close enough to the Keke, it started to move and the young man motioned for him to join the next very empty one. 

****

Beatrice was finally happy her Keke was moving, one of the passengers was apparently in a hurry and couldn't afford to wait beyond ten minutes, the lady paid for the extra slot and had the driver take off.