Chapter Ten

Hey, guys. Hope you're enjoying the book so far. Comment, let me know what you want to see. I'm going to tag songs to these chapters now, so if you want a shoutout give me recommendations. Also, check out my YouTube channel 'SarcasticIsMyCharm'. Sorry this chapter took so long. You have no idea how hectic life is right now. Anyway, enjoy.

The Academy Is - Slow Down
(Much better not-live)

Michael

After watching the newest viral video going around school, I began to call David. I slipped my hand into my tight back pocket and drew out my cold, hard mobile. My fingers began dialling his number as they had done so many times in the past. I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Sally.

"Mike, don't call him", she ordered. "He'll probably be in the principle's office with 'What's-his-face'", she sighed.

"Oh, right", I said, mostly to myself.

Davids fight - or beating - was a good distraction, however I just couldn't stop thinking about Jess. She and the new guy running off. Where were they going? Had they met before? He seemed pretty confident with her if they hadn't. Although, Jessica was called into the principal's office to be picked up early, no doubt, because of her brother.

Still, I couldn't get past this. I mean, I knew that we weren't dating but we were still good friends. She could have at least waited for me.

Sally, bringing me back to reality, quietly got everyone's attention. "Hey, guys? We were thinking of catching a film tonight. Who's in?"

A lot of people shook their heads claiming they had something to do.

"Studying"

"Family dinner"

"Date"

The list went on and on. Tessa and Ben were the only two could make it. Okay, so that was a little anticlimactic.

"Alright, certainly not the crowd I was expecting, but this is good. What do you want to see?", Sally asked as enthusiastically as she could.

"Something funny", the two others' said at the same time. We all looked at each other silently for a second and burst out laughing.

"Guess we're spoken for, then", I added.

We decided on this rom-com, that was supposed to be more com than rom, and picked a time. I was actually a little excited. I just hadn't been out with friends in such a long time.

I felt like such a chick.

***

David

We walked through the thick door, into the foyer.

Oh, yeah. I'm gay, so I know words like foyer. This is going to be fun.

Jessica immediately ran into the kitchen, not even stoping to take off her backpack, but instead waddling around with her arm in an uncomfortable position. I could see the determination in her face to persevere and strive through the pain. "I'll, ugh...... be at, argh....... the fridge", she said through muffled groans of discomfort.

She slipped around the corner and I shook my head in disbelief as I heard the weight of the bag dropping to the floor. I turned to mum, who was gaping next to me.

"Everyday", I noticed, quietly. After a second or two we both sprang back into liveliness, Mum going to the kitchen - probably to bat Jess' hand away from some freshly baked biscuits - and picking up the dropped backpack, me heading into my room to start my 'homework' which, in no way, involved Sam, Dean, Castiel or a box of tissues.

I entered my room, kicked off my shoes - cringing at the loud bang they made against the wall, and then again at mum's muted shouting - and turned on the television taking up my entire bedside table. I sat on the bed and switched to abc2 to watch Spicks and Specks, startled at what appeared on the screen. The television was occupied by multicoloured puppets jumping around a forest, speaking gibberish and enjoying, what I can only hope was cool whip.

I glanced over to my clock radio on my desk and sighed when it read 10:57. That meant that abc2 was now abc4. I had forgotten I had been picked up during first recess. It had dawned on me just how boring the rest of today was going to be.

I got up, turned off the gibberish monsters, and stalked over to the bathroom. I jumped back when I looked toward the mirror. My cheek was fairly swollen, my eye was purple and a scratch had appeared on my bottom lip. Well, I thought to myself, chicks dig guys with groovy scars. May as well try it out on lads.