10 || The Tenth Princess

------------------------------------
Edited on May 13, 2021.
------------------------------------

Not counting the time when Xiao Zhi Zhi acted a bit weird that night, most of the time, Chu Zhu Yu's life went by normally.

After experiencing a few peaceful days, the news of the emperor falling ill made the bustling Luo Yang city quiet. In the general's residence, no one dared to breathe heavily, everyone is feeling anxious.

The general was going in and out of the palace to protect the emperor, so even the head housekeeper of the Xiao residence got affected by the atmosphere, his face was gloomy.

———

Currently inside the palace.

Xiao Zhi Zhi just left the emperor's room looking exhausted. The emperor is getting older, and his health is deteriorating. In just this year alone, the emperor has fallen sick three times, each time worse than before.

The City of Luo Yang is currently safe because the soldiers are well-trained under Xiao Zhi Zhi's guidance. However, in a few days, Xiao Zhi Zhi must go to the Cong Zhou to suppress the rebellion.

When that time comes, what will happen to the City of Luo Yang?

"Brother Xiao, how is Fu Huang's sickness?" the seventh prince who waited outside asked Xiao Zhi Zhi.

(E/R: Fu Huang - imperial father, a title used by the emperor's children only.)

"The imperial doctor stated that for now, the emperor is fine."

Of course, if the emperor's sickness relapses a second time, no one will know the ending.

"Since Brother Xiao will be going to the Cong Zhou to suppress the rebellion, I hope that you will have a safe journey." said the seventh prince.

"I actually wanted to hold a banquet for you before you leave, but Fu Huang is sick. I'm afraid holding a banquet right now will make me gather the resentment of the people."

"Banquet? I don't need one. I believe the rebellion in Cong Zhou will be quelled easily." Xiao Zhi Zhi massaged his forehead.

The seventh prince wondered, he knows that Xiao Zhi Zhi is a person who will never show weakness to anyone.

However, the Xiao Zhi Zhi in front of him looked so tired. After a moment, he remembered that the eunuch had made a report about his heavy workload.

"Brother Xiao I heard that when you enter the palace, you hardly get any sleep. Should I tell the imperial doctor to examine your health?"

"No need."

All he wanted to do right now was to see Chu Zhu Yu. He wanted to hug her and smell her tea scent. He knows that as long as she is by his side, he could sleep very peacefully.

Suddenly, a pair of footsteps were heard, and upon arriving, the palace maid walked closer to one of the two men, "General Xiao, please wait."

"What's the matter?" Xiao Zhi Zhi was displeased.

"The Tenth Princess wishes to see you." The palace maid replied while bowing.

The tenth princess is one of the few princesses who gets doted on by the emperor.

She is beautiful. Her dancing and singing skills are outstanding. Because she is so talented, the emperor had stated that no one could marry her except the hero.

Two years ago, the tenth princess fell in love with Xiao Zhi Zhi at first sight. The emperor tried to pair them with marriage, but alas, it was an unrequited love.