Agitated instincts 4: Meteor Gets Wrecked

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

Gears turn in Joe's head wanting to do something that would keep the robot active, even if it was for Joe's stake not to see the once kind awkward man so unnaturally stiff and awaiting command.

"What would you like to do, while I get some rest?" Joe asks.

"What tasks would you assign me?" the robot asks back.

Joe groans, pinching the bridge of his nose. 'I'm going to end up talking in circles at this point.'

"Mumbo Jumbo," Joe starts, "I would like you to find something to do that you enjoy while I take a nap. And you have to tell me what it was when I wake up. You are not to power off at this time." Joe cringed at having to use the command, it felt wrong to order a friend around but he needed Mumbo to fight against the programming somehow.

"Understood, Mr. Hills, enjoy your nap while I complete the task at hand," Mumbo says, taking a small bow in recognition of the command.

Shaking his head slightly Joe walks back to his room and face plants into his bed. Exhaustion leaves his sleep mercifully peacefully, with no confusing dreams or waking thoughts. When he does wake up the sun is just skimming the horizon in it's decent.

Joe rouses from his slumber with a groggy sigh and pushed up from the bed to go check on Mumbo. He begins his search in the mansion finding no sign of the robot till he reaches his storage room. Every block had been moved, shuffled, and organized. Everything had a place and everything was in its place. Joe chuckles a bit, Mumbo had always been one to form organization even if his own storage room was messy. His train of thought is pulled away from the meticulous storage system to outside by a machinal sound.

Joe follows the sound outside to see his robotic friend working away at some sort of Redstone machine. The tall robot double-checking carefully made lines of red dust and perfectly placed pistons for any flaws. He paces around his contraption is calculated thought, working through the design.

Joe slowly walks up to the robot, simply enjoying the graceful machinal placement of the Redstone components. A smile spreads on his face, Mumbo looks like Mumbo with red-stained hands and small flyaway hairs sticking up from his normally pristine hair. His eyes are burgundy in deep thought. Joe chuckles literally almost seeing the gears turn in Mumbo's head and startles the usually unflappable robot.

"Oh, Joe," Mumbo turns away from his machine to face the older man, "I did not realize you had completed your nap."

"Just woke up a few minutes ago." Joe stretches and yawns away any remaining pulls of sleep. "What are ya' workin' on there?"

Mumbo turns back towards his machine, "It's a Redstone door. I do hope that you are not angry with me, I had to procear the piece of the door and I went through your resources." He quickly spins around to Joe, "I can deconstruct the door if you are upset with me using your resources," Mumbo stammers out. Joe could see the faint hints of blue and light pink swirl in Mumbo's eyes.

Joe laughs, "You're fine Mumbo. Feel free to take what you need, I don't use much Redstone anyways."

Mumbo tilts his head, processing the man's words. "Oh, thank you, Joseph."

The robot caustically returns to his work, glazing back to Joe then to his machine multiple times before settling into a comfortable workspace again. Joe slips back into the mansion to retrieve his notebook and a small snack before returning the robot. They sit together for a while in relative silence, Joe's pen sliding across the paper of his notebook and small muttered words form Mumbo being the only sounds around as the sun sets beyond the coastline.

Mumbo pulls back from his Redstone machine, gazing upon his work. The robot lets out a small triumphant noise pulling Joe out of his concentration. He quickly wraps up his writing and closes the journal.

Meteor Effectजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें