Chapter fifteen

Brea and Bella quickly gathered up their things, While Alice and Jasper loaded up the car.

"Brea! Mom is calling me," Bella said.

"Answer it and put it on speaker," Brea replied.

Bella nodded.

"BREA!? BELLA!? Where are you girls?" Their mother asked, her voice filled with panic.

"Calm down! Everything is fine, okay? We'll explain everything," Brea said.

The line went silent...both girls heard rustling on the other end.

"M-Mom? Are you there?" Brea asked.

Both girls hear a voice. Causing chills to run down their spine.

"Nice house you girls have here! Not the best on the block, but comfortable," James smirked.

Both girls froze.

"I was prepared to wait for you both, mostly Brea. But then when mom came home after she received a very worried call from your dad. It all worked out quite well," James said.

Brea's eyes filled with fear.

"I must say, Forks High School doesn't protect it's student's privacy very well. It was just too easy for Victoria to find your previous address," James continued.

"BREA!? BELLA!?" Their mother called out.

Anger grew inside of Brea....something she hasn't felt before.

"Leave my mother out of this?" Brea growled.

"You're protective of her! That's cute! You can still save her. But you'll need to get away from your friends....and bring your sister. Can you do that?" James asked.

Bella shook her head.... She knew this was a bad idea.

"I-I don't think so," Brea said.

"If your mother's life depends on it?" James asked.

Both girls are beyond terrified. But there was no other choice.

"Where should I meet you?" James smirked.

"How about the old ballet studio around the corner? And I'll know if you bring anyone besides your sister. Poor mommy would pay the price for the mistake. Mmm she smells just like you. Delicious!" James said.

Brea grabbed Bella's phone and quickly hung up.

"Brea! Y-your eyes!" Bella said.

"W-what?" Brea asked, rushing towards the mirror in the bedroom.

She stood in the mirror...Her eyes were a golden color, she turned and looked at Bella...confusion filled both of their eyes.

"A-Are you a vampire?" Bella asked.

"No, I don't know what is happening," Brea sighed.

Both girls quickly grabbed their bags....both have their pepper spray. Knowing that wasn't gonna save them.

Bella called a Taxi....they rushed out into the lobby, sneaking past Alice and Jasper.

"8th and Palo Verde, please," Bella said, climbing into the taxi.

They pulled up to the ballet studio.

"I've never given much thought to how I would die.... But dying in the place of someone I love seems like a good way to go, I can't bring myself to regret the decisions that brought me face to face with death....but it also brought me to Edward. My love for him has grown, but I was willing to die for my family... willing to die to protect them. Mostly to protect Bella," Brea thought.