Chapter nine

As Brea sits in front of her computer, lost deep in thought. She shook herself out of it and typed into her search bar 'Quileute legend, Olympic Peninsula' an AD popped up, 'Thunderbird & Whale Hook store, Port Angeles' Brea is deeply intrigued and clicked on it, quickly writing down the address and rushed out of the house...Climbing on her bike and rode off to school.

Brea pulled into the parking lot and sighed. She looked up and noticed the sun was out.

"He's not here," Jessica said... as Brea looked around for Edward,

Brea looked down and found Jessica sitting on the grass.

"Whenever the weather's nice, the Cullen's disappear," Jessica replied.

"T-they just ditch?" Brea questioned.

"No, Dr. and Mrs. Cullen yank them out for hiking, camping and stuff. I tried the idea out on my parents. Not even close," Jessica laughed.

Suddenly Angela wrapped her arms around Brea, pulling her into a tight hug... catching her off guard.

"I'm going to the prom with Eric! I just asked him, I took control!" Angela smiled.

Bella walked up towards them.

"Are you sure you both have to go out of town?" Angela asked.

Brea looked at Bella, giving her a look.

"It's a family thing," Bella sighed.

"Oh my god! We need to hit the stores in Port Angeles before the good dresses get cleaned out," Jessica said.

"Port Angeles? Do you mind if I tag along?" Brea asked.

Bella looked at Brea, with a surprised expression.

"Thank god! We will need both of your opinions!" Angela smiled.

Brea pulled out a piece of paper with the address on it of the nearby bookstore.

"Brea?" Bella asked.

"You guys look great!" Brea smiled.

Bella sat next to Brea, watching as her mind wondered.

A group of college guys walked by... stopping in front of the window, staring at the girls. They all howled like wolves.

"That's disgusting," Brea mumbled.

"You said that about the last five dresses," Jessica groaned.

"You're not very into this, are you?" Angela asked.

"I actually need to go check out this book store! But I'll meet up with you guys after," Brea smiled.

"You sure!?" Angela asked.

Brea nodded, and grabbed her things.

Bella stood up and tried to join her... Brea shook her head no.

Brea walked out of the bookstore, thumbing through a book she just bought. She headed down the sidewalk...she heard footsteps behind her, but she ignored them.... She turned down the sidewalk, the footsteps got louder... Brea put the book in her shoulder bag and continued to walk. Faster.

Isolated. Brea breath is short, scared...she turned around and sees two men emerge from the shadows....the frat boys from earlier, who are now wasted.

"Wanna drink?" One of them asked.

She looked to her left, two more guys appeared... she's concerned. Brea takes off her bag and hands it to them.

"Look, just take my bag!" Brea said.