"Jacob, you idiot! I had it!" Leah cried out, her hands running through her hair as she watched him continue to roll around in agony.

"Leah!" another more stern-looking man chastised her before turning his attention back towards Carlisle, who was, unsurprisingly, calm despite the number of eyes on him.

"I need to set the bones before his accelerated healing kicks in," Carlisle quickly explained. "It's already starting."

"We need to get him out of here," Edward said, knowing what would happen if the Volturi see us among wolves. "We're not gonna win a fight with the Volturi."

"I mean, we probably could," Emmett chuckled lowly, glancing over at me and Theo with a knowing glimmer in his eye.

We both just chuckled and waved him off, knowing that we weren't going to fight them.

The same man who chastised Leah earlier nodded his head and looked up towards Carlisle. "We'll take him back to Billy's."

Carlisle nodded his head at his words. "I'll be there as soon as I can."

The man nodded before motioning for the rest of the pack to help. Slowly, they all bend down and all carefully lift Jacob, who let out a pained groan at the slightest touch.

The clearing was silent as we all watched as they all slowly disappeared into the woods, heading for the reservation.

After a few tense seconds, Alice's eyes widened as she called out to us all nervously. "They're coming!"

______________________

I turned back around and bit my lip nervously. Beside me, Theo wrapped his arm securely around my waist, turning me so I was faced slightly towards his chest.

Carlisle made his way back over and took his spot at the front of our group, Esme quickly moving to stand next to him. Both of their faces morphed into ones of calm as they took in the situation, not wanting to make it worse.

Edward and Bella both stood to the side, the latter of them keeping their head down. Edward wrapped his arm securely around her and tensed slightly as we all looked at the tree line.

Alice and Jasper stood off to the side. Jasper had voiced his want to keep an eye on the newborn that Carlisle and Esme had spared, knowing how uncontrollable they can be and wanting to make sure that she wasn't going to attack us when we had our backs turned. Theo and Jasper shared a nod as they passed each other, a silent promise to help if anything happened with the singular newborn.

Rose and Emmett stood beside Theo and I, their faces calm but their eyes showing how nervous they were at the incoming confrontation. Rose's fingers nervously twitched by her side, while Emmett's eyes scanned the clearing in front of us, his hands curling into fists as he cracked his neck.

We all stood together silent, as we watched the group slowly walk towards us. Their dark cloaks swished as they made their grand entrance, stopping only a few feet in front of us. Jane was the first to lower her hood, the rest of them following suit after.

Alec and Jane, the witch twins, stood front and center, their black cloaks making their Volturi pendants stand out.

Felix and Demetri on either side, their cloaks a few shades lighter, showing their lower standing in comparison to the twins. But everyone knew that they were still just as crucial to the Volturi's image as Jane and Alec were, meaning that while they didn't possess the black cloaks, they were still just as valuable and important to Aro as the witch twins.

"Impressive," Jane says, her tone revealing otherwise. "I've never seen a coven escape an assault of this magnitude intact."

"We were lucky," Carlisle said, not bringing up the help we had.