The Aftermath

Beginne am Anfang

"Yea that's too bad." Said Tahj

"Anyway, what y'all boys been up to? I see you got some pretty little thangs with you. Must be doing good."

"You already know Amber." Said Tahj

"Mmm not sure I do."

"Nice to see you too."  Amber rolled her eyes. She knew all too well what the deal was with uncle Mase.

"So who's this Kai?"

Knowledge stepped in front of Stacy shielding her from his uncles lustful gaze.

"My First Lady." He responded

"The first but not the only one huh?" Mase joked

Knowledge didn't crack a smile. "The ONLY lady."
He reiterated sternly.

"I'm gonna go stand by the car Kai." Said Stacy

"I'll be over there in a minute."

The conversation was getting way too uncomfortable for Stacy so she pulled Amber away while the men finished their conversation.

"So how's the business doing? Heard y'all got into some shit." Said Mase

"Nothing we couldn't handle."  Tahj responded

"You sure about that? Cause what I heard was pretty bad."

"We still here ain't we?" Said Knowledge.  "I mean if you really cared you would've showed up before now."

"But I'm here now. I mean WE are here now. I forgot to introduce y'all to my wife Debbie."

Debbie, who was standing next to Mase during the entire conversation, kindly reached out for a handshake.

"We can help y'all with anything."  She told them.
"I'm really good with numbers if you need an accountant or assistant and Mase has the extra man power you need."

"Nah we got it all under control. Amber and Stacy already got that on lock." Said Tahj

"Yea it's really no extra positions open right now. But we'll let you know." Knowledge followed up

The brothers could see the expression on their uncles face go from calm to pissed off — a clear sign that there was more to their untimely offer.

Mase stepped up to Knowledge and lowered his voice.

"Ya know, I heard all about the lil scuffle you got into with Cyrus. Your mess was all over the news and the streets are talking."

"Oh yea and what are they saying?"

"They saying that you ain't cut out for this shit Kai ; that you ain't got what it takes. And that maybe it's time for somebody else to step in and help."

"Let me guess, that somebody is you huh?"

"We all know I was supposed to be the leader of this family cartel shit nephew. But my brother trusted you to be in charge like you did this shit before. Sooner or later this whole cartel will be nothing but a memory all because of y'all two."

Knowledge stepped back and poked his chest out like a man. It was time to let uncle Mase know who the real man was.

"If you were the obvious choice, you wouldn't be standing here telling us about it. If it was supposed to be you it would've been you. So don't come at me with this bullshit. You ain't never been a uncle to us nigga. You don't have no type of say so on shit that goes on over here. So you can take that offer and stick it up her ass."

And with that, the brothers walked away leaving uncle Mase and his wife looking like some damn fools.

Stacy could tell by her man's body language that the talk with uncle Mase didn't end well.

"Everything ok?" Stacy asked Knowledge

"Yea everything is good. Let's get home."

___________

Kai's House

"So what you think uncle Mase is up to." Tahj asked Knowledge.

Grabbing a soda from the fridge, Knowledge couldn't seem to get uncle Mase off his mind.

"I think he's still bitter. Shit must not be looking good where he at."

"Think we should tell the girls?"

"Stacy has been through enough."  Knowledge sighed.
"But I'll be damned if she's caught off guard. And just because Cyrus is dead doesn't mean the price on her head is gone."

"Guess we gotta do what we gotta do."

Knowledge took a seat at the dining room table.
"Stacy, Amber! We need to talk to y'all"

"We were in the middle of girl talk with Lilly if you don't mind." Amber joked as they entered the dining room

"Yea this better be good." Said Stacy. But the look on Tahj's face said that this was no laughing matter.
"What's wrong?"

"As you know, uncle Mase was at the funeral." Knowledge started. "After y'all stepped away it became apparent that he's still bitter about how things played out. Now I know that we just got out of a sticky situation with Cyrus but I don't think we're out of the clear just yet."

"So what are you saying babe? Now we have to look out for your crazy ass uncle?" Stacy asked

"With the way he was talking, I think he's planning to take over the King Cartel. Which means he'll try to take us out in the process." Said Tahj

Just then, there was a knock at the door.
Everyone was instantly on high alert.

"We all good. Is just Moe." Said Tahj

Moe stood in the door way with a box in his hand.

"Well don't just stand there.  You coming in or what?"

Moe entered the house without saying a single word.

"And where the hell were you at for the funeral today Moe." Stacy blurted out

Knowledge could tell something was wrong just by looking at Moe.

"Awww you came bearing gifts?" Said Amber

But still Moe said nothing

"Fuck is wrong with you?"  Tahj asked.

Moe sat the small teal blue box on the table and backed away from it.  "Open it."

Everyone took a few steps back as Knowledge slowly lifted the top up to reveal what's inside. When he saw what it was, he almost puked right where he stood.

Inside the box was a bloody amputated middle finger and a bloody tongue that was cut out of someone's mouth.

"He's dead." Moe finally said.  "I don't know who did it but somebody got Ron! This shit ain't over yet!"

Stacy's stomach turned in knots. Her eyes locked onto the dismembered finger and tongue in the box as her mind began to race a million miles per second.

"Well how do you know it's Ron's finger and tongue?" Amber asked

"He's the only one in the city with that ring."  Said Tahj
"My pops had one like that too. Custom made just for him."

With the weapon supplier dead and gone, this meant things weren't getting better anytime soon. There was a new task at hand now.

"Who the fuck could've done this?" Stacy cried

Knowledge looked up at his brother. In their hearts they knew exactly who it was.

"We can't let him take this family." Said Knowledge
"I've worked too mother fucking hard."

"So what are you saying Kai?"

"Get ready to fight. Uncle Mase is coming for us."

END