seven*

a/n: the last chapter was super long, my bad. 

it was 4am and you were awaken by the ringing of spencers cell. he groaned, untangling his limbs from yours, turning over to pick up the call.

"this is reid." he sleepily says into the phone. due to the silence in the room you hear hotch speak on the other side. another case. you slightly sigh. being extremely tired from the night before. 

"yeah, i'll be in soon. i'll alert y/n as well. " he states simply.

he hangs up the phone and rubs his hands over his face. you roll over to face him, he examines your faces, lightly caressing your cheek with his thumb. 

friends. y/n. friends.

you roll of the bed, standing and retrieving your clothing from around the room. you stop as you feel spencers hands on the small of your back.

"good morning y/n." he whispers into your ear. you shiver at the words, your legs weaken.

"good morning spence. i have to get my stuff together, i have to run home and grab clothes."

"okay, ill meet you at work, im going to shower." you nod. him placing a kiss to your cheek. you feel your cheeks flush. for this being strictly physical, spencer was quite affectionate. you didn't mind it though. it would just make you think of things you shouldn't. like a future with him. waking up to him every morning, breakfast together, late night talks, back rubs after long cases, snuggles after emotional cases. 

stop. spencer didn't like you like that.

you finish getting your things, slipping on a t-shirt and your pants from work yesterday. you call out a goodbye and go home to gather things for your go bag quickly before making your way to the bau.

you arrive, parking your car next to emily's. grabbing your go bag, and your normal bag. and making your way into the doors of the bullpen. everyone was there except spencer and morgan. you go into the break room desperately needing coffee. you walk into the break room seeing spencer in there making two cups of coffee. 

"two? are you that worn out spence?" you ask, seeing him jump a little. you giggle. walking over to him. 

" i was making one for you." he sheepishly smiles. you smile.

"thank you spencer." you smile , taking the coffee and sipping it. how does he know how you like your coffee? 

"of course, y/n." he smiles. he turns to face you. 

"how are you feeling?" he asks , with a caring look in his eyes.

"i'm okay spence, just a little sore. but last night was absolutely amazing." you say truthfully, placing a hand on his shoulder and looking at him directly in the eyes while speaking. 

"good. i enjoyed it too. do you still wish to continue?" you nod yes. you feel your mood drop. nothing he did affected it , you just suddenly felt..sad?

"hey hey, you okay?" he asks concerned, bending down to meet your gaze.

"y-yea, i just got sad out of nowhere. i'll be okay." you say. you then see him put his coffee down, then wrapping his arms around your torso. you set your coffee down as well, bringing your arms over his neck, entangling your fingers in his hair. you feel him rub circles into your back with his thumb. you could stay like this forever. his embrace was so safe. you pullback, not wanting to get lost in him.

"its okay, im here for you." he says, smiling softly at you.

"jj is briefing us on the plane." you say, feeling a little better, you grab your coffee and walk out of the room. spencer following you shortly after.