"Melody, there's nothing you can do. The boys around you are off limits, simple as that." Dad said.

"Let's say years from now Ester and Dmitri both have conceived their hybrid children. We can snip Dmitri, making him sterile. Would he then be free to be with Ester? Like marriage?" I ask.

I could hear Dmitri laughing ("Snip me?") and Ester scoffing.

"No." Dad said.

I definitely crossed my arms. "Why not?"

"Because I said so."

I grin. Obviously my little plan never occurred to them. Or they hoped I wouldn't be smart enough to ask it. I had a point and they knew it. "Check."

"Reason." Dad moved on. Yip, definitely made a good argument. In another life I could've been a kickass lawyer.

Very cunning of you. Zayden approved.

My Gryffindor cloak serves me well, but there's always a cute little Slytherin beanie that comes with it.

"I have no question." I peaked at Reason. His expression was neutral, bored even. Hardly anything seems to phase this guy.

"Okay. Vivian."

"What about our family? Our friends? School? Everything." Her voice quivered and Zane gently patted her back.

"Your friends and school think you all got accepted at some fancy European boarding school. Your families were informed of your fate the day you were born."

"They're fine letting us go?" her voice broke and Zane hugged her.

Wait for it. Wait for it. Still waiting for it. Nope. Nada. Not even a speck of jealousy. Instead of upsetting myself I smile broadly. Not sad, but ecstatic. Zane no longer has any kind of control on me.

You have such a strange mind, I never know what you will think.

"They want you to live your life, become who you're meant to be, and be happy." James answered.

Vivian nodded.

"Zane."

No skipped heart beat. Yip, I'm totally over him. Sorry adorable Hufflepuff, but this Gryffindor is a free house elf!

Did you really just label Zane as a Hufflepuff? Zayden asks.

You bet I did.

It could not have happened before I became a diabetic?!

"I have two questions." Dad gestured for him to proceed. "When do we leave for Enchantment?"

His dad said, "After we explain some situations."

"So soon?"

"Indeed. Next question."

"I have another question. Max, why was there a bullet in your chest? And what was in that black bag?"

Dad sighed. "Perishables have been chasing us for a long time. They found you all in that tree house. I couldn't let them harm you. I used myself as a decoy, going to a stream and splashing the water. They came running and one took the shot, but I teleported myself before I could catch any more bullets. My bag had fairy warriors who were a backup in case things went south. They weren't needed, so I sent them home."

Fairy warriors. Right.

"My last question, if Melody finds a way for any of us to be together, will you let them?" Home run for the Hufflepuff.

Though, I do feel a trickle of regret. He's a great guy, super sweet and still loves me. I hope he can move on.

Enchantment has demigods, sirens, and plenty more. He'll find his Beloved somewhere.

When Zayden said "Beloved" something in me stirred and my eyes darted directly to Reason, who boldly met my gaze.

I stare at my feet, Beloved?

Ask your father.

Dad scratched his head before he answered Zane's question. "We'll have no choice but to stand down. We will encourage, support and give her information in anyway we can. Until then, should it even happen, we stand by the rules. Agreed?"

"Agreed." We all mumbled. Except Reason, which didn't go by without Dad noticing.

I glance at Declan and he winked. Then I look at Zane and he smiled, showcasing his dimples. Two excellent guys. One a Hufflepuff and the other a fellow Gryffindor.

I chew on the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing loudly. I'm too funny.

I still want to show up the adults and turn around the breeding thing, but I'm no longer motivated by the thought of losing Zane or Declan.

Beloved. The word echoed in my head and I stole a glance at Reason, who'd been staring shamelessly at me.

My feelings for Declan and Zane may have cleaned themselves up, but I'm still determined to find a loophole. I refuse to back down and let the grown up's win.

This is our time, our new generation, and we will shape our lives and our world the way we want to.

Spoken like a true Elemental Leader.

*

Aw, another finished chapter. Hoped yall enjoyed it!

~Peace