Chapter 3:The Masked Man

(Evan's POV)
"Don't you think that video games and things like that should be allowed in prison?" Craig asked me suddenly.

"I really don't know," I answered truthfully. "This is a place of punishment. Doesn't enjoyment kinda defeat the purpose of punishment?"

"Well..." Craig replied. "I guess it's defeating the purpose but, like, what are we supposed to do in our free time then?"

"Legal outdoor activities I guess..." I trailed off. The lounging area became silent. Curious, I scanned the area in hopes to find what caused these maniacs to shut up.

In the corner of my eyes, I spotted Lui walk over to our table with a peculiar masked man trailing behind him. Even though the sight of a man wearing a mask wasn't that unusual, it was still a sight to see. Only one other man wore a mask in this entire prison and it was the one and only Ryan WhateverTheFuckHisLastNameIs, A.K.A. the prison's biggest douchebag.

"Guys, this is Jonathan," Lui introduced us to the mysterious man. I examined him quickly, the only facial feature I could see was his beautiful blue eyes. He seemed muscular and tall, definitely a hazard if I ever got on his bad side. To prevent this 'hazard' from happening, I introduced myself first.

"Evan," I spoke. The rest of my 'squad' followed in pursuit, the last to introduce himself being David.

After our introductions, Craig pulled me back into our conversation about video games. I couldn't help but notice Jonathan burn holes into my skull. I could see him study my body in my peripheral vision.

My focus snapped back to Craig, who obviously realized I wasn't paying attention. He had abandoned our conversation and was now focused on the silent fight going on between Tyler and David. I tried reading their lips only to get the name 'Jonathan' out of it. I glanced over at Jonathan only to realize that he wasn't paying attention to any of us, specifically me. He was examining the room around us. Seeing the perfect time to interject in Tyler and David's fight, I snapped my fingers in front of their faces.

'What is going on?" I mouthed slowly.

"David doesn't believe that Jon..." Tyler tried to mouth to me. Seeing as I was a top notch mouth reader, I didn't understand almost anything he said.

"What?" I mouthed confused.

"Jonathan," Tyler mouthed pointing at the culprit himself.

"Equals," he motioned an equals sign.

"Serial," Tyler mouthed while pretending to slit his throat.

"Killer," he finished is over dramatic mouthing.

Even though I could understand Jonathan being a serial killer, it was hard to believe. Sure, he had his creepy hockey mask on, but he seemed more like a scared puppy than a over confident serial killer.

David seemed to get fed up with Tyler's antics so he turned himself to Jonathan and tapped his shoulder. Jonathan turned his attention from the crowd of lunatics over to David.

"Is it true?" David asked timidly. "Did you kill all those women?"

Silence followed David's question. Everyone's attention at the table was at Jonathan. We were all on the edge of our seats waiting for an answer. Jonathan seemed to notice our curiosity after scanning the table and pushed us all overboard without even saying a word. With the nod of his head, he lifted his mask to show his hidden smirk. Shocked, we all watched as he walked out of the room, an aura of confidence surrounded him as he did. His total demeanor changed from little red riding hood to big bad wolf. It was kind of sexy, to be honest, but ones self should not be thinking these thoughts, especially since it was a insane serial killer. No matter how sexy this guy was, he was still liable to kill me in a heart beat.

"Is that bitch crazy?!" Tyler wheezed out once Jon left the area.

"Obviously!" Craig shouted back. "Who even does that?! Is he proud that he killed those innocent women?!"

Our table continued to 'gossip' about Jonathan, the mysterious masked man. I stayed quiet as my idiots for friends bantered about. My mind was far away from the world. I sat quietly daydreaming about the baby blue eyed man I just just met... who happened to be a little bit insane.

Why are the hot ones always insane?
_________________
A.N.~ Aye, do you guys like it so far? Or is it confusing? I hope it isn't :) but if it is, tell me please! Thanks for reading, bye!

Short but longer than before :)