Be Love, Be Loved

Start from the beginning

I lost the war between my mind and anger. I texted her and as soon as she replied and seen zoned me then, I wouldn't take no for an answer. We've had a disagreement, whatever it was, but that didn't mean I stopped caring. Neither did she.

I walked by through the night, hands in my leathered jacket, heart pounding that I'll see her. It was no excitement. It was no nervousness. It was anxiousness. I didn't know what I'll say. I didn't know what I'll do. I wanted to believe things didn't change but why does it feel it did.

Why does it feel like I lost apart of me.

She's at the Tower Bridge, waiting for me. I wanted to believe she was waiting for me. But no, I brought myself here. I called her. I wanted to be here. I know I was disturbing her peace. But it's Louisa, when it came to me or us I know I was safe and I shouldn't hesitate with her because she wouldn't judge me for whatever decision I made.

It was like an invitation through the night. No one was here. It was just me and soon to be us alone. Almost as though it was meant to be. And by the blues of the bridge light reflecting upon the canal water, I see her figure by the rail and her brown hair dancing with the wind.

I walk closer to her, watching her every stiff movement, awaiting for her to acknowledge me. With my heavy footsteps scraping the pavement ground, she hears me arriving. She turns around, that powdered — waves blue now kissing her glassed skin with the glimmering water below us shadowing her features.

She was playing songs on her phone. It was loud, but loud to hear just between the two of us. "Hi." She quietly greets me, that familiar twirl of a smile coming to her face. Cheeks were red and eyes were tired. "Hey." I whisper, standing beside her by the rail. 

Silence comes again, kissing each of our lips to shut us up. I hear her songs playing but I didn't know what it was. But I liked it. I always liked her taste of tunes coming together even though they were often different. I didn't know what to say and I'm sure neither did she. My throat was stuck in between, no words to dare spill out.

"I'm sorry." I say, breathing out air that collapse in my chest.

"I'm sorry, too." She whispers.

I smiled small, hearing her voice and the softness of it that a paper could cut through. She was sad, I know it. I wasn't sure why. But I couldn't ask why either. I know if she wanted to tell me, she would. I think it's my place not to know. If she's ready to speak to me, she will. 

"Tour is soon." I reminded her, leaning my elbows on the rail, inching my face to the side to take a look at her.

"It is. I'm gonna see the world."

"In Paris, I'll take you to the love bridge." I told her, looking away again, not wanting to see her expression. 

"Who else did you take there?" She questions.

"Just you." I answer honestly.

"Doesn't that symbolizes love forever?" She asks again.

"Yes. It does. Our love will last forever." I mutter, knowing it. If things do end between us, I know our love won't.

"What makes you sure?" She asks again.