Together through life

My boots thuds upon the marbled tiles of the hotel lobby. "Good evening, ma'am," A staff greets me with a bow and a warm smile. "Oh, hi, good evening," I returned the kind smile, making my way through the hotel bar. 

We had a half day off tomorrow before we catch our next flight to our next destination this tour. I decided to have some time alone to think, love my self, and enjoy my company with two drinks or so. Everyone else would be occupied by now. Like Mitch and Sara together, Lavina - the tour manger, probably dead asleep by now from maintaining the perfect timings and tour. And for Harry? Well, he should be writing poems since he chooses to be so poetic to me about my fingers and whatsoever... 

It was the first night after the show, might as well treat myself and give myself a pat on the back for not fucking up on stage, right? 

"What may I get you this fine evening?" The bartenders glances at me, wiping down the brown counter tops. "Pink Gin and Tonic water, please." "Right away," He turns, making my drink. I took a moment to fully sit on the high chair, taking in my surroundings. 

High crystal chandeliers, old schooled themed interior filled with brown and black colors - with creamed walls. Whole place screamed old money to me. Screamed history to me. From old men to young women, kissing in the dark to hide their affairs. To women drinking their martinis with green olives to plot their revenge on their cheating husbands. This place reeked with memories of the unknown and strangers. It were clear as the high mountains water, awaiting to be sunk and drank - till nothing is to exist. 

"Your pink gin." The bartender interrupts my thoughts. "Thank you," I grabbed the glass, mixing the ice together. I took a sip, seeing my red lipstick staining the glass after. The liquor warms my throat as though a scarf was tightly wrapped around my neck. My eyes wanders to the tall windows, something familiar catching my eye. 

It was a bridge, blue hue lights surrounding the canal beneath it. Reminds of the time when Harry met me half way back at London. When he held me close and promised me the whole world in his palms, up until now. Coldplay playing within the air when we held one another, 

Coldplay was always our band together, from Japan, to London, to here... 

I closed my eyes, almost feeling his arms around me during that night. Hearing his soft tone, smelling the scent of his cologne against his skin.

"Promise you won't leave me?" 

"If you promise you won't leave me first, Louisa." 

My eyes shoot open, the memory as fresh as the taste of the gin against my tongue. My hand reaches for my tattoo, feeling the tattoo we've gotten that night together. 

Together through life, the inked tattoo spelt on my skin from the song Ink by Coldplay

What makes this more impactful is that he wrote these letters that are now on my skin, and I did the same for him... 

FLASHBACK ; 

DING, the local bell rung above our heads as we walk into the tattoo shop. The cold air drifts away but still stinging on our skin. Harry and I walked all the way here from the canal, and he was serious when he said we should get the lyrics tatted on us, forever. 

"We're seriously doing this..." I nervously laugh, slipping off my coat, hanging it on the rack aside. "We are," Harry copies my actions, the grin never leaving his face. Who am I kidding, this isn't the first time he's getting tattoo, but it's my first time. It's permanent too! 

"How can I help you love birds?" The artist came walking out of the back room, full tattoos covering his flesh. People would find him terrifying, but he had the most warm smile  plastered on his face. "Oh, we aren't love birds-" , "We'd like to getting a matching tattoo, with our own hand writing on one another." Harry interrupts me.