Woman

It was a Saturday. Not an ordinary Saturday. Just yesterday I've texted Harry and he arranged his free time to hear me play for him. It was nerve wracking. I was built up with anxiousness. A lot of thoughts and possibilities ached up in my mind. What if I will make a mistake? What if I was too terrible? What if he won't take me? What if he'll take me?

It was too late to process my doubts as I step foot in the hotel, glancing down at his text message on my phone, rereading the penthouse number. The lifts open, revealing the classic Interior of the hotel. I take my time to walk down the empty hallway, spotting the doors by the end.

You've got this, I thought to myself.

This were my chance and I should nail it and show my best. I take in a deep breath, straightening out my white blouse beneath my long brown coat that matched with some leathered boots and skinny jeans. I relaxed myself, calming my nerves and reassuring myself I won't fuck up unless I allow myself to.

My knuckles knock up against the grey and white wooden doors, knocking three times specifically. Within seconds, the doors fly open to reveal a man with long locks that reaches upon his shoulders. He wore a cardigan with bright colors, brown slacks and white T-shirt.

I lipped a smile, surprised to see him instead of Harry. "Hi, I'm Louisa. Uh, I'm here for Harry." I introduced myself as he nibbles onto a toothpick. I wasn't sure how to introduce myself exactly. Was I supposed to say I'm here for an audition? But it weren't an audition, was it?

"Course, H is expecting you, come on in." He says nonchalantly, widening the door to allow me in. I thanked him silently, quite intimidated by his mysterious aura but it didn't make me uncomfortable.

The living room was wide and spacious with the large windows to match. By each corner, there were another living space. On my left were the open kitchen by the window doors and a dinning area, on my right it were another living room - this time with a smart TV. My heart jumped in excitement as I see a keyboard, guitar and drums. It probably were their little studio for now.

"Louisa," I hear my name, my head snapping over the direction of the voice. I smiled upon seeing Harry. He was dressed quite differently - with his brown loose slacks and a white buttoned up blouse, half way unbuttoned. His fingers weren't naked this time but with silver rings around them. His hair clipped up. Yes, clipped up and it were an adorable sight.

"Harry," I sighed in relief at his warm welcoming, my nervousness simmering down a bit. "How are you?" He asks, greeting me into his arms in a friendly embrace. "Quite nervous, you?" I chuckled, hugging him gently, his refreshing perfume dusting over my nostrils. "Excited to hear you." He says, breaking away, smiling.

"This is Mitch, he's the guitarist." Harry glances over at the man who opened the door for me. The smile remains on my lips as I waved at Mitch, him giving me a small smile in return. "Do you want anything to drink?" He leads me towards the music room, in my opinion, taking a seat.

"No, I'm fine, thank you though." I slip off my coat, placing it aside neatly, leaning my elbows upon my knees. He faces me, playing with his rings, his features relaxed. "We aren't in any rush at all. You can take your time to take things in. I know it can be a lot to adjust, been there. Unless you're in a hurry, we can start now," he says soothingly, his bright eyes piercing over mine reassuringly. 

"I think I'll take my time if that's okay," I exhale, chuckling nervously, rubbing my sweating palms against my jeans. "No problem at all." He simply replied. It were silent for a few as he reaches over the coffee table, closing some notebooks with pages ripped off from them. It seemed to be lyrics. 

"You were writing songs?" I ask, playing with my fingers. He glances over his shoulder to me, straightening out the pages. He gives me a side smile, his dimple revealed. "Yeah, I was." He shrugs, fixing them neatly before sitting back against the cushions.

I nodded, "I like writing. I think it's the time where you and an Instrument..." I trail off, not sure what word I'm looking for, my eyes drifting down to his hands, eyeing the silver and a tattoo across his thumb and Index.

"Become vulnerable," he says, finishing my sentences. My eyes snap up to his, my lips parting a bit. "Yeah.." I utter, chuckling softly, breaking my gaze away to look at my fingers. "Yeah, it is." I whisper.

It was hard to look at him in the eyes. They sparkled, how was that possible? It were bright, it was enough to see your reflection against them.

I take in a deep breath before hesitantly looking up, "I think I'll start."

He nods, standing up. "Course, whenever you're ready." I follow his actions, getting on my feet as well. I watch his tall figure walk towards the keyboards, turning it on, pressing the keys to test them if they were working and they were.

"Go ahead," he motions to the seat. I timidly make my way over, rolling the sleeves of my blouse, sitting down. He places some melodies in front of me to follow, leaning down beside me, his strong cologne hitting my nostrils again. 

"Okay, just follow this for me if you can, babe," he explains before standing straight, "I'll play the Instrumental for you so you can follow the tune, yeah?" He explained calmly and it helped my worries and nervousness disappear. I was glad he were making things easy for me. I was expecting him to sit across the room and let me do things on my own, probably watch me fail as he just sits there with his Intimidating gaze. But no, he were helping me. Now that's a leader.

I sit calmly, watching him connect a cord into his rose gold Macbook, turning on the small speaker aside. "This song was in my first album, it's called woman. Now I believe you can easily just follow this, the beat will give you the signals. You've got the melodies to follow, you'll do well." He glances back at me, the thin material of his blouse revealing his toned - muscular back. 

I gave him a lipped smile, my heart thumping its way in my chest. "Whenever you're ready, Lo." He uses a nickname, giving me a thumbs up. I cleared my throat, glancing down at the melody sheet I should follow, looking back up at him as I give him a quick nod.

Within seconds, a beat started playing, my fingers Instinctively following the melodies. My flesh starts to relax as I realize I'm doing well, my eyes glued on the sheet as I focus and follow, taking this seriously.

As seconds past, I slowly start to smile, going with the flow and having fun. It felt too good to not feel the music and the beat aching up your bones, my fingers delicately pressing the keys as I stomp my foot against the carpet.

I pressed the last keys, following the two beat before finishing. I widen my eyes in surprise that I managed to do well. "Bloody hell," I hear him. I looked up worriedly but a smile were on his lips. "I knew you'll do well," he says, almost like to himself.

I blushed hardly, bowing a bit. "Thank you, I've never felt a rush like that in my body." I grinned, releasing a breath, glancing down at the keys.

"You will always feel it, especially on stage."

My head snaps up by his words as he makes his way towards me. "But, I'll still consider it. I can reassure you though, you've really captured my attention and you intrigue me with your talent and the way you bring yourself." He says, sitting beside me.

I meet his eyes, they were genuine. "To be honest with you, I wasn't expecting that. No one can just walk in and do it straight away just like you did, it takes time and courage. But you, damn, your fingers just followed, innit?" His accent deepened, that bright smile forming again past his lips.

"Thank you. It means a lot, coming from an artist yourself. It really does." I sighed, losing the words to even comprehend what I feel. The wrinkles of his eyes approaches, a strand of his hair falling past his lips.

It was silent for a few before he breaks the silence,

"Now, what do you say that you'll come here everyday to rehearse my recent album?"