(OLD) The Populars and Me Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

I'm assuring myself that Onyx will help me with that, so I replied, "Y-Yes, ma'am! I-I will study diligently!" Just thinking about him teaching me some Physics formulas while occasionally smiling makes my stomach flutter with butterflies.

"Good. Now, get out of my office!" She shooed us out.

As soon as we stepped out of that hellish place, I decided to join Reigna in the canteen for recess. I know she and her mutt boyfriend are worried sick for me, but of course, I can already imagine her bombarding concerned questions right in front of my face when I meet her. That's how she's a concerned best friend of mine; she wouldn't stop bothering me until she knows that I'm perfectly fine.

But before I could even take a step towards the direction of the canteen, a furry hand suddenly grabbed my wrist and stopped me. Good thing nobody's around, otherwise, they would see my incredibly red face.

It was Onyx who's grabbing my wrist! Goodness, I feel like a teenage schoolgirl with my heart thumping wildly in my chest!

"Can I get your number, Ry? I wasn't joking about tutoring you." He chuckles.

'Shit, I almost totally forgot that!' And since it was he who even reminded me about that tutor deal, I can't help but feel more embarrassed. I turned to him to see his grinning expression – he's definitely my crush right now. "U-Uhm... T-Thank you, Onyx..."

"No prob! I hope to see your cute face again, okay?" He removes his hand from mine. But this time, he placed it on top of my head and ruffled my hair.

And that's when I realize that the warm feeling of his hand against my head is something that would be etched in my mind forever.

~~~~~~~~~~

(Recess time with Reigna...)

Of course, I was telling Reigna what happened. I was telling her right now how Onyx asked me to show my cute face again for him – and goodness, it was so embarrassing – and she suddenly slammed the table loudly.

"And what did you say? Come on, spill!" Reigna's loud and high-pitched voice gathered the attention of almost everyone in the canteen. I gritted my teeth and glared at her menacingly while I feel the color of embarrassment creep to my face again. She then realizes it, and she chuckled awkwardly. "S-Sorry everyone!"

'I swear to kill this bitch someday!' I angrily thought.

This is why I don't want to tell her what exactly happened. She knows how I admire the popular guys in school, and she would go crazy if I get involved with them. And since I did get involved with Onyx recently, just take a look at the outcome and see if she's not worth being killed.

'And good thing her mutt isn't around this time...' I start to wonder where Jerald could've been into, but it was only for a few moments.

Deciding that it was enough chitchat with Reigna despite recess time was still not over, I hurried to my next class without bothering to let her catch up to me. She was yelling for me to walk slower, but I ignored her.

I'm not hurrying just to get away from her; the next specific class is also a reason. Yes, you guessed that right; it's P.E. time. It's strange that we have P.E. after recess. But unlike Physics, I'm not struggling too much with that. Except for extreme track running. Our teacher is a cheetah furry, and he doesn't make considerations to his human students! How can I run one kilometer in just two minutes?! Even my bear furry classmates can't run that fast!

I was so lost in thoughts that I didn't notice that I would be bumping to someone.

"Oof!" I groaned after falling butt-flat on the floor; my things scattered around me. I didn't realize that I would be bumping to someone so tall and big.