✧ 22 || Happy Accidents ✧

Start from the beginning

"Sorry! I'm sick right now, so that wouldn't be too romantic would it?" he said in his defence.

"He has a point," Asahi said quietly.

I had filled Asahi in on the plan. Hinata calls Kageyama over, says a dramatic monologue about how he's thankful for him, blah blah blah, fake sleeps, mumbles a confession while acting like he's sleep talking, sees his reaction, and bam, the plan works. Of course, Hinata decided not to do that.

I sighed again. "The plan was fool-proof! If he gave a different reaction from what you wanted, you could always act like you were dreaming about a confession or something."

"Yeah, I know... but something different happened."

And instantly, Hinata had caught my attention. I leaned forward. "Spill the beans. Dump 'em all out."

Hinata chuckled nervously and started. "So... I decided to do a little prank by fake sleeping and scaring him when he didn't expect it."

"Are you kidding me?"

He playfully slapped my shoulder. "Leave me alone! I just didn't want to do it."

"Chicken."

"No, you."

Asahi chuckled from behind me. "Noya? Being a chicken? I don't think so."

"Oh really," Hinata responded with, looking at me with a mischievous grin.

I widened my eyes at him, hoping he'd shut his mouth. Now, I'm not a chicken or anything, but there was one thing that I'd been avoiding. And that was a specific romantic confession to a specific person.

Hinata chuckled at the sight of me panicking and moved on. "Anyways, I was able to trick him into thinking that I was asleep. And then he started talking to me, thinking I wasn't listening—"

"And let me guess," I cut him off. "He confessed his undying love for you," I said, placing my hand on my heart with the most dramatic flare I could.

"Well... yeah?"

"—what!"

"Wait... really?" Asahi said from behind me, but I was too shocked to even comprehend what was happening.

"Hell yeah!" I exclaimed.

Hinata cringed.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, knowing that he was hiding something. "Wait... did you do anything about it?"

And disappointingly, he shook his head. "I just want him to say that to me when he knew I was awake, you know?"

"Fair."

"If you don't mind..." Asahi started.

We both turned to look at him.

"What exactly did he say to you?"

Hinata covered his beet red face in his hands. "So many things," he said, his voice muffled.