Chapter 6: I Love You

3 months later.

Three months pass by and the horde continued on and even moved to a better location to stay. Lucy had stayed with them and even helped them with getting things they needed from the store and chores. After that day with Kevin and her happened, Dennis felt funny about it like he did before thinking 'What if she was using Kevin?' like Mother did yet again.

Kevin tried to reassure him but he didn't seem convinced. Kevin was struggling anyway to adapt to his new life without the fear of his mother abusing him and was still waking up in cold sweats in the middle of the night or freezing on the spot when he was having an intense flashback.

Lucy all the while was keeping a secret from him and the others that she had found out about 5 weeks after Kevin and her was together. She had become pregnant but she wasn't sure how to tell him in fear he might freak out and spiral downwards.

She's in the shower wondering if he or even Dennis, heck even the Beast would join her.

Kevin had just woken up from a particularly bad nightmare and had gotten up to find Lucy, he heard the shower and went into the bathroom, he took off his clothes and got in with her resting his head on her back.

As he stands behind her she whispers "Kevin..may I speak to Dennis a moment?"

"Oh, okay" he whispered.

She knew she was going to have to confess very soon because she was starting to show a small baby bump already, she held her breath as she waited for Dennis is join her.

Dennis came into the light "You wanted to talk"

"Yes I uh.." she hesitates slightly, closing her eyes. The words don't seem to come out as she tries to talk, so she takes hands in hers getting him to wrap his arms around her from behind, getting his hands to grope her breasts.

"You what..." he asked squeezing her breasts gently.

"I don't know how to tell you this but.. for months now I've been keeping a secret from Kevin" she breaths.

"What?...I knew it, you have been using him haven't you?" Dennis says getting defensive.

"No, no..no just" she sighs deeply. She guides his hands around to lay on her small stomach bump and takes a deep breath "I'm starting to..show and I know I can't hide it now"

He stared at her stomach a look of realization on his face "You mean?..."

"Yes..3 months now" she breathes slowly.

"Oh wow" he breathed.

"Please don't be upset with me.." she begins to tear up, getting fearful.

"Your not gonna get rid of it are you?" he asked her nervously.

"For fucks sakes, I'm way further along even then she was.. doesn't that answer your question?" she snaps.

Dennis stepped back warily "I, I'm sorry...I just, the last time I had a kid on the way it was taken away after I had my first look at them in an ultrasound photo"

"I'm sorry I snapped..I would never do that to Kevin, you or the others..not ever..I want this baby more then anything" she cries.

"Okay" he whispered softly looking down nervously.

"You mean You're not mad that I want to keep it?"

"No...I just want to make sure your serious about this" he told her.

She spins around in his arms and hugs him tight "I've always wanted to express my love to you all by doing this for you..because I love you so much"

"We love you too" he whispered hold her tight.

"I'm so sorry I ever hurt you..I was just so hurt and confused" she cries against his shoulder.

"It's okay"

She takes his hands and places them on her belly again "We all will be happy"

He smiled shyly as he rested his hand on her belly.

And everything did turn out to be wonderful between them all, they found a better home and had their child and raised him, Kevin was finally free of even the bad memories as they faded away and replaced by new loving ones with his now wife and son.

The End.

*Written By: Lizrenknight & Novaauthor13 *