Chapter 23: The Attack + freeing the Divine Beasts

Link's POV

We got to Hyrule and immediately headed down to where Zelda had Ganon locked down.

"You ready?" I asked Aurelia, getting my sword and shield ready. She got herself ready as well.

"Yeah." She breathed out slowly, looking at the monstrosity that put us in this mess.

I worried about this. Aurelia was only 14, and she already had to save Hyrule. Sure, I'm the hylian champion and that's my title, but she's been taking care of this kingdom! And was now risking her life to save her parent's and the others. And even me.

"Link! Aurelia!" Zelda called out, her voice weak.

"Zelda! We're ready! You can let him go!" I called out, ready to fight.

"Only if you're sure!"

"Positive!"

Zelda released Ganon, and we attacked head on. The Divine Beasts striked, and although we had their help as well as Zelda's, it was still a tough battle.

(I'm absolutely terrible at battle scenes lol)

Ganon roared, and Aurelia managed to hit him a few times from the side and under, and while he was distracted, I ran in and stabbed him in this head. The final blow. Then everything got really bright.

*****

"Link! Aurelia!" Zelda ran to us, we were in Central Hyrule.

"Zelda!" She fell into my arms and I kissed her head. Aurelia stood up and pushed her red hair behind her.

"You're Aurelia. _____ and Sidon's daughter." Zelda hugged her too, but I could tell Aurelia just wanted to ask the question she wanted to hear the answer to for years.

"When can I see my mother and father?" She finally asked after a while.

"We'll get them freed shortly. You two should head back to the domain though. Get some rest, and we'll have Sidon there soon." We both nodded and headed back.

Once we were back at the domain, Aurelia went straight to sleep. I did too. It was a long night even though we were both out like lights after such a long day. A long week of only a few hours a day.

Aurelia's POV

In the morning, Link and I got up, Maybe 8 AM. We went downstairs to get something to eat, but we were called to the entrance.

"Aurelia! Link!" Muzu called, and Zelda walked over and held Link's hand.

"What is it Muzu?" I asked, edging closer. Muzu moved out of the way, and a tall red Zora stepped up the stairs.

It was him. My father.

"Aurelia...?" He gave a small smile, and a tear rolled down his cheek.

"F-Father?" I covered my mouth and he slowly nodded.

I ran into his arms, already crying. He stroked my hair and held me tight. I could hear Zelda and Link almost crying. Muzu chuckled a bit and almost started crying.

"It's okay, sweetheart. My little hero of hyrule." My father managed to say in between all of his own tears. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you more." My father looked me over, his golden eyes a familiar sight.

"You're just like her." He smiled warmly, and I was sure I knew who he meant.

"I am?" He nodded.

"Speaking of which... where is your mother?"

__________
No words for this one.

.
.
.

Not a word.

(Sorry for the accidental early publish a couple weeks ago!)

(Annnd... I totally didn't say Scarlett in the middle of it instead of Aurelia. Nope, that uhh... didn't happen.)