"Nope" He finally said, popping the p like a six year old.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm gonna purposely ruin your precious car one day"

"You wouldn't dare" He snarled, causing me to smile sweetly. He treasured this car more than probably life itself.

"We'll see"

He mumbled something under his breath before turning onto a familiar road a little bit out of town. I turned my head to give him a 'are you serious' look as he parked and turned off the ignition.

"The park? "

"The park" He repeated with a nod and stupid grin on his face.

"This is where you spend your saturdays?"

"Yea. Surprised? " I shot him a pointed look before smiling at him. It was kinda cute that he spent his free days here. I don't know why, but it was soothing.

"Come on, I'll show you what I do"

We exited the car and walked through then entrance in silence. It has been a while since I actually went to the park. I use to spend my Sundays here with mom and my sister, then we would get ice cream before heading home. My chest clenched a bit, but I've learnt how to cope with the loss.

I've learnt how to cope with everything.

It looked exactly the same as before. It was an open space, with a few trees here and there with benches sitting underneath them. There was a section with a small playground which always had happy toddlers waddling all around.

The grass was lush and soft, and the flowers were small but beautiful. There were blankets here and there with friends or couples having picnics or study groups, looking peaceful and happy.

More kids were scattered around the area, playing their individual games and activities, while their parents sat on benches reading books or newspapers.

Cameron stopped at a cotton candy vendor, and he approached me with three sticks and a smile on his face.

"Why three? " I chuckled as I took one from him and immediately stuffed some of the fluffy sweetness in my mouth. I moaned in delight as it melted on my tongue, causing the fulfilling flavour to erupt in my mouth.

Did I mention how much I loved cotton candy?

"I have a friend. Come on I'll let you meet him" He replied with excitement shining in his eyes.

I scoffed and followed closely behind him. "I find it hard to believe that college kids hang out at the park and eat cotton can-"

I stopped myself as we approached a boy. He looked like he was around ten, and he beamed at Cameron as we neared him. What I noticed however, was the fact that he was sitting all alone watching the other kids play. He was also in a wheelchair.

He had curly blonde hair and pink cheeks and lips. He was really a cutie. No doubt he would be getting the girls in school.

"Hey Cameron! " He exclaimed as soon as we were in hearing range. "I see that you finally got the day right" He reached out and collected the cotton candy from Cameron, as we settled on a bench beside him.