Chapter 28

"Do you really think she'll like me?" I bit my lip as the nauseous rose in my stomach again.

It was finally thanksgiving, and that meant I was finally going to meet Cameron's mom. From what I've heard, she had been dying to meet me. But what if she's disappointed when she finally does?

We've been together officially again for a week and a half, and all I could think about was what I'd say to her.

"Jamie she'll love you, just like I do okay? So sooth those nerves and take my hand or I'll have to lift you from this car myself." He chuckled as he offered me  his hand again.

We have been in his driveway for the past five minutes, just trying to convince me to go with him. He picked me up from Alex's this morning, where we spent the next few hours 'talking' in his car. We arrived at his house at around one in the afternoon before my anxiety began.

I eyed his hand as I reluctantly  allowed him to take me from the car. I gripped his hand as he led me to the entrance.

His house, as I expected, was big and beautiful. The first thing I noticed were the beautiful arched windows draped with laced inner curtains that was perfect for letting the light in. The exterior had a modern but very cozy physique, inviting me with its warm appearance.

When we stepped inside, I was in even more awe. We appeared into a foyer that looked like it was the living room itself. We stood on polished wood floors, and a graceful staircase curved up towards a soaring second floor.

But what really got me was the thick sweet aroma of food that filled the air. I could smell Nessa's famous chicken pot pie in all its glory, igniting the hunger in me even more.

She came home two days ago just for Thanksgiving as promised. She had no prior knowledge of my  break-up with Cameron, so we simply went on like nothing happened. She arranged with Cameron to help his mom with the cooking this year, since we were both invited over for dinner.

It has always been the two of us for Thanksgiving since we lost mom and dad ghosted us, and though it was never a bad experience, it was refreshing to know that other people will be with us, even if anxiety was eating away at me.

Since Nessa is a chef, we thought instead of just showing up, she could actually help with dinner. It was Mrs. Riley all alone every year so she was very happy for the help.

We slowly made our way towards the kitchen, where two females bodies were swiftly moving around to prepare food. From behind, I could see that Cameron's mom was beautiful. I mean how couldn't she when Cameron himself is so gorgeous?

"Hey mom" Cameron called, making my heart race even more.
She spun around at the sound of his voice with flour covering her beautiful features and a huge smile curving on her lips. Her eyes lit up as they landed on me. and the warmth in them made me relax a whole bit.

"Oh my gosh you are even more beautiful in person" She gushed as she closed the space between us. She pulled me in a bone crushing hug, killing the orchid that I had held to my chest. "I've been wanting to meet you so long. How are you?" She asked as she pulled away.

"I'm great thank you...You have a lovely home Mrs. Riley" I offered politely.

"Thank you dear. And please call me Rosey" She waved me off casually. "Or mom if you're fine with that"

"Mom.." Cameron drawled in a low warning tone.

"It's okay Cam." I reassured him with a chuckle.

He told me about how his mom always wanted a daughter and the pain she went through when she couldn't conceive again. Whenever I feel comfortable, I wouldn't mind it. If our relationship should go that far it would indeed be nice.