Chapter 7

"Hey Cam, did you know that cotton candy was invented by a dentist? "

He flashed me a confused smile before turning his attention to the road again.

"No I did not know that" He laughed. "You think about some of the most random things"

Actually I was thinking about how weird I feel around you now since I've discovered twenty minutes ago that I kinda sorta have feelings for you and it's freaking me out because I know I can't. But hey I won't tell you that.

"Yea I guess my mind just wonders sometimes"

He chuckled lightly and shook his head, and even that small perfect smile made me have butterflies.

And it scared me.

I'm not gonna be like those girls who deny their feelings or anything. I'm old enough to understand when I have a crush. But I just didn't want to have a crush on him. We actually have a good kinda friendship, and I don't wanna make things awkward.

Plus, I still wasn't sure about some things from the past. A few things happened with him and I just don't think I can..

"Hey you okay?" I was snapped out of my thoughts by his voice, and I quickly cleared my thoughts.

"Yea I'm fine. " I noticed that he had that look on his face that he did when he was gonna push it, so I shut him down quickly before he could ask again."Where exactly are we going? "

His concerned expression changed to amused as he clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth.

"It's a secret" He sang, making me roll my eyes.

"You know if you wanted to murder me, you could've done it at home. Alex wouldn't have suspected you" He laughed out loudly, almost hitting a cat when he squinted his eyes.

"Hey hey look where you're going! You'll end up killing us both!"

"And why would you think I was gonna kill you? " He asked as his laughter died down.

"It was the only other thing I could think about"

"Okay okay. But I'm not gonna kill you. If it makes you feel any better, it's really a common place. I don't know how you haven't guessed it yet"

I raked my mind for possible places he would take me. I looked out at the direction we were heading and tried to pin-point a location.

"Is it the cinema? "

"No"

"McDonalds? "

He chuckled but shook his head. "Nope"

"The roller skating rink? "

"No but I'll keep that one in mind"

I huffed in annoyance and decided to give up. I rested my elbow against the window and plopped my head on it as I stared at the passing buildings.

"Can I drive when we're going back? " I asked suddenly when the silence got too heavy.

He tilted his head from side to side as if he was thinking, but I knew from previous times that he wasn't thinking at all. He was just going to say no.