chapter four

Time flowed at a pace, but when I checked the time again, it was past seven.
I picked up my phone and it died on me.

In my head all I can imagine is, my family, setting up my funeral, and all I needed to do was to confess my sins to God and get buried alive.

Immediately, I rushed off.
In a haste I placed a Kiss on his cheeks.

I came home some time later and the first voice I heard was mom's.

"Where are you coming from" mom's words drew everyone's attention to me

Oh shit, I am in trouble.

I thought of a way to save my skin and there was no other way than to lie once again.

"Sorry mom, I was stuck in traffic, you know how it is " I replied with those words, hoping they believe me.

"Yes mom, she's right, before you can get a taxi to school you have to wait and after that, the heavy traffic "

With a surprise save, Dani said.

And luckily mom believed.

"Okay, go freshen up and come have your dinner" mom says to me as I ran up to my room.

I came down afterwards and joined everyone for dinner..

At the table mom inquired about my lessons at school..
Although I didn't attend any, I had to make things up..

"How was lessons today,".
She asked me..

"Fine mom, we learned a lot,"..
I said with a huge smile on my face..

Mom smiled back and that seems to be the end of the conversation..

A few hours later, I came back to my bedroom, and immediately I sat on my bed, a text from David came through..

"Good evening dearie, my apologies for not being able to call, but I hope you got back home safely, goodnight and I love you"
He says...

I highlighted the word love..
I'm I literally dreaming?.
Did David just tell me that he loves me?..

The sunshine so brightly the next day, or is it just me, that couldn't stop smiling based on the text I got last night.

I know it's crazy to mutter the words I love you, to a girl you only just met, but to me, it was like I won a jackpot and David was his name.

I got so accustomed to him, and as the day passed, I fell for him the more, no day left without hearing his voice, likewise him.

Yet again we decided to meet up, and this time in his house, and trust me, I accepted without heeding any second thoughts.