Magic

Magic - "Everything in this world contains energy, every living being and even the earth itself. Magic-users can channel that energy to perform magic." 

Magic is a term given to the channeling of the energy of the earth and its natural forces to perform magical feats. It is a supernatural force that changes aspects of the world at fundamental levels. 

There are various forms of magic. In human society, performing magic is referred to as witchcraft. Those who practice this magic are known as witches and wizards.

The ability for humans to use magic is a hereditary trait passed down from a person's ancestors, which allows witches and wizards to practice it. Rather than being a mystical or unnatural pursuit that defied the laws of nature, however, magic simply allowed those who could wield it to exploit them in very specific and creative ways that Human science were unable to replicate

Magic is a natural part of the world that has existed since the dawn of time. The earth itself, as well as the elements and all living things possess a magical energy. Those who can practice magic can channel this energy to perform feats of magic. 

Magic is connected to nature at its very core, for this reason magic cannot be used to break the laws of nature or to disrupt the natural balance. When nature is opposed, the type of magic used is referred to as dark magic.

Types of Magic:

Light Magic - is a pure form of magic which draws from nature itself, as well as the inner strength of witches.

Natural Magic - also referred to as Gray magic, is a form of magic which draws from nature itself, as well as the inner strength of witches. Although powerful, this form of magic is limited by several rules, as this magic cannot go against the natural order of things.

Dark Magic - also referred to as black magic, is a form of magic that goes against the natural order. A prime of example of black magic is necromancy, the manipulation of the dead. It also deals with sacrifices usually the sacrifice of a living being. Most countries ban Dark magic.

Functions of Magic

Magical Abilities:

Spell Casting - The ability to cast magical spells and perform rituals.

Channeling - The ability to channel one's own energy and that of the world around to perform magic.

Elemental Control - The ability to control and manipulate the natural elements.

Telekinesis - The ability to move matter with the power of the mind.

Physical Abilities:

Longevity - The ability to extend one's lifespan to beyond human capability. The more magic in ones core the longer they can extend their life.

Limitations of Magic 

"Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another. That doesn't just apply to science, but magic as well."

Although powerful and capable of extraordinary feats, magic is by no means unlimited. Magic is, by definition, the manipulation of energy, which cannot be created or destroyed, but only changed. For this reason, magic always requires a source of energy to work, no matter what the intended result is.

Other than the conversion of energy, magic is bound by several other rules. Magic that goes against nature, also called dark magic, is forbidden. Because it goes against the intent of nature, dark magic always comes with unforeseen consequences and a price to pay.

Magic cannot be used to truly resurrect the dead, as life is considered sacred and disrupting the natural order is considered an act of evil. However, dark magic can be used to bring back the undead. Magic can also not be used to create true love, only lust, as love is the most powerful of human emotions.

Spell Casting is the supernatural ability to use spells and incantations to perform magic. In order to achieve certain feats of magic, witches and warlocks often need to perform a spell or ritual to channel the required energy and ensure the desired effect. The language used in spells is often Latin.

Spell casting may be a complicated and difficult process that may prove exhausting for witches. However, this is dependent of several factors, such as the difficulty of the spell, the amount of energy required and the power of the witch in question. Witches born with more inherent power may cast more powerful spells compared to lesser witches.

The more complex a spell, the more concentration it requires. Concentration is an important factor in spells, as mistakes can lead to the spell failing or backfiring. When casting particularly powerful spells, witches may enter a trance-like state to channel energy. If a witch is interrupted in this state, it will cause the spell to fail, which may result in the magic backfiring and even killing the caster.

Photokinesis is the supernatural ability to create and manipulate light, which is essentially electromagnetic radiation that exists in various wavelengths. The Fae possess the ability to create and manipulate light to various effects.

Effects of Photokinesis

Illumination – The primary and most basic function of Photokinesis is the ability to create light to illuminate one's surroundings. The Fae possess the ability to emit light directly from their bodies, illuminating themselves. By focusing this ability, they can emit light from their hands as a source of light.

Offensive Usage – Photokinesis can use used offensively by producing powerful blasts of light that have a concussive effect, blasting the target with great impact. The Fae can emit this light from their entire body as a defensive ability, or direct it through their hands as a weapon. With enough focus and time, these blasts can also be used to generate heat and cause burning or ignition.

Sunlight Imitation – One of the rarest and most difficult aspects of Photokinesis is the ability to imitate and produce the effects of sunlight. This aspect of Photokinesis can be used offensively on Vampires, as they possess a weakness to sunlight. Depending on the concentration of sunlight, this ability can be used to harm Vampires or reduce them to ashes.

Channeling is the supernatural ability to draw energy from other living beings, the forces of nature and the earth itself to perform magic.

As magic is essentially a form of energy, it cannot be created or destroyed, meaning it can only be changed from one form into another. Witches and warlocks can call on their own magical power to practice witchcraft, however, when performing powerful incantations, they may need to draw on the energies around them.

Magical Energies

Nature – Witches and warlocks can draw power from all living things around them and even the earth itself. Additionally, they can draw power from celestial events such as the Full Moon, which has special meaning to the supernatural.

Witches – Witches and warlocks can draw power from each other to increase their magical energy. For this reason, witches often gather in covens to increase their strength.

Spirits – Spirits are a physical manifestation of energy.