chapter 7

before the post...

ophelia's pov:

Yesterday, I had just landed in New York City to see my uncle, Jimmy Fallon and go on his show to surprise him.

I know it's crazy. First, my best friend being a famous songwriter for writing other celebrities' songs, my half older sister, Ariana Grande and now, my uncle being-Jimmy Fallon.

My mom is my uncle's sister. My parents had got along after divorcing his ex-wife, Ariana's mom-slash-my half-mother. After that, I really had got along with Ariana. We had never fought over something dumb or stupid. We were like best friends and the sister I've never had. Except, losing my mom was the hardest thing I've ever done and especially saying goodbye to her. She was the best mother anyone could ask for. Although, I have my amazing half-mother.

After becoming a famous actress or noticing how I was Ariana's sister, I chose my half-mother's last name as a reminder of how she had been a amazing to me all these years and I've been so grateful having her after losing my beloved mother.

They both were just amazing. Even though, I still had my actual last name, it's still in my birth certificate.

But that's also why, I'm so excited to see my uncle after 3 years, and finally I'm surprising him after he premieres his show. I dressed up into a yellow with flowers medium length dress. I put on black heels and later placed on some little makeup. I fix my hair into a messy low ponytail. After when I was done, I went to Jimmy's friends and surprise them. We talked about our life and some other things. As I heard Jimmy talk to the audience, I smiled and took a deep breath before going inside.

The audience later gasp and cheered, leaving Jimmy confused and as soon as he looked around, he widened his eyes and stared at me.

"Hi, uncle." I said, waving at the crowd. He went over to his desk and hugged me. I laughed, patting his back.

"Oh my god! Ophelia?" He asked as he pulled away. He couldn't believe it and I was too. It's been 3 years! I giggle and the crowd clapped in excitement and awe as we all saw my uncle almost tearing up.

I softened and felt like I was about to tear up too, "Aww, uncle. Don't cry." I whispered and he shook his head, gesturing for me sit on the chair.

"Well, guys. Please welcome my niece, Ophelia Grande." He smiled. The audience cheered and it made me burst into a grin on my lips. I gave him the nicest smile and walked on the small stairs. I then sat on the comfy chair. He sighed, closing up his suit jacket.

"Wow. I can't believe it."

I nodded and hummed. "I know. I've been so busy with my life and my job."

And my daughter.

He chuckled as he nodded, "Oh, we all know. But we wanna ask some questions if that's ok."

I smiled and he looked down on the cards he was holding on. "First of all, you look so beautiful."

I giggled and the crowd cheered. As they later quiet down, I nervously rubbed my hands. "Thank you. You look awesome." I teased Jimmy and he thanked me. As, he looked down on the cards he was holding on. "So, congrats on your new movie."