chapter 4

"Hey, Mia." I said, placing my car keys on the counter and joining her in the living room.

"Hey Lia, where did you go?" She asked as she watched the news.

"I dropped off Ana at school." I sighed as I walked to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water before sitting down with Mia.

"We should do something today," she said and I shook my head, giving her a 'sorry' look.

"I wish but I should go rest for a bit" I said and Mia whined, grabbing my wrist weakly.

"Ophelia, you need to have some fun today." Mia wasn't lying. I don't remember the last time I had some fun. Ever since I had Anastasia, I've been in mom and work mode.

"How about we go shopping today?" Ariel suggested and I stood up, swallowing a gulp of water in my throat.

"I appreciate the gesture but I'm a mom now, I have some responsibilities I need to take care of." I exhale and headed to my room.

"I will but I'll give you waffles!" Ariel yelled as I stopped in my place and turned around. Mia knows waffles are my weakness. She smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm in." I immediately said and she grinned as she rubbed her hands together excitedly.

"Okay, I was thinking-" Mia paused and I raised my eyebrow. She pulled her hands out behind her pants pocket and placed the two tickets in front of her. "-A game to see the Montreal Canadiens!"

She yelled out and I gasped. I walked closer to her and took out the ticket in her hand. I looked over to it and widened my eyes as they're going to play at 8 pm.

"No way!" I said and glanced at her as she nodded. I then hugged her and thanked her so many times I forgotten count. She giggled, "You're welcome, Lia. I know you've been so busy and all that. I've wondered if you wanna go to the game."

I grinned and squealed as I jumped excitedly. "Oh my god! You're the best, Mia. Thank you."

I looked down at the ticket and a tear leaked out. I quickly wiped it away before Mia could see it.

She then hugged me and realized she saw me sobbing. "Aw, Lia. Don't cry."

She wiped away the tears and I shook my head, "It's just so emotional. That I've been working so much with my job and Anastasia. Thank you, Mia. I love you."

I hugged her and deepened my head in her shoulder as she caresses my back.

I sniffled and pulled away. I looked around, trying to look for a certain person. "Where's Ariana?"

I looked over to Mia and she formed her lips into a thin form. She looked away. I frowned and crossed my arms. I opened my mouth but halted when I heard a lock open. The door opened and a girl came in.

"Anastasia?" Confused, she ran in my arms and hugged me.

I hugged her back and kissed her forehead. Then, she pulled away and threw her backpack to the chair.

Ariana breathed as she looked at Mia, "So, did you tell her?"

Mia nodded and gestures her head at Ariana. I lifted up my eyebrow. "So, why isn't Ana in school?"