-NINE-

Vernon and Joshua decided it was time to leave the hotel, and it was Vernon's idea to get to the movie theater. 

Joshua agreed. If they had the rest of the weapons, they could take people out more easily, or defend themselves in case anyone got any ideas. 

They left around the same time Seungcheol and Mingyu did. 

When they left the hotel, they quickly made their way toward the movie theater. Vernon actually stayed behind Joshua, because his arm was wounded. Joshua gasped when he noticed Seungcheol quickly making his way to the doors of the movie theater. 

"Vernon!" Joshua gasped. "It's Coups!" 

"Get him!" Vernon exclaimed. 

Seungcheol had been so focused on getting to the doors that he didn't notice Joshua running toward him. He only saw him after Joshua got the first shot out. 

Bang!

Seungcheol gasped as he felt the bullet enter his shoulder. It spun him around slightly, only for Joshua to shoot him three more times. 

Bang!

In the stomach. 

Bang! 

In the chest. 

Bang! 

In the head. 

Seungcheol was dead before he hit the ground. He got no warning, no last goodbye. 

Joshua stopped and Vernon caught up to him. 

Mingyu cried out in shock when he saw his friend drop to the ground. He stopped dead in his tracks, stumbling as he accidentally put too much weight on his leg. He whimpered. 

No. Not Seungcheol. Not Seungcheol. 

Mingyu wanted to run to his friend, to help him, but there was no helping Seungcheol. He was gone. He saw him get shot four times. 

Mingyu caught a glimpse of Vernon and decided it would be best for him to start making a getaway. He turned around and started back toward the houses as quickly as he could. 

"Josh," Vernon started. Mingyu didn't know, but he had been spotted. Vernon frowned. He had tried to kill Mingyu once before and failed. This was his chance to do it again. He pointed after Mingyu, who was hurrying to get somewhere, anywhere safe. 

"I'm out of ammo," Joshua said, frowning. 

"Go to the theater. Take Seungcheol's gun to protect yourself. Kill anyone in there, and wait for me to come back," Vernon commanded. 

Joshua nodded. "Okay. Be careful." 

"Likewise." 

Vernon started after Mingyu. 

Mingyu grunted in pain as tried to run, looking back over his shoulder. The first time he looked, Vernon wasn't there, but the second time, he was gaining on him. 

"Ah!" Mingyu cried out. "Vernon please!" 

Vernon aimed his bow at Mingyu, but it was getting harder to shoot because of his now very sore arm. 

He shot at Mingyu, but missed, the arrow flying past him and toward the house Dokyeom and Soonyoung were in. 

Mingyu pushed through the pain of his injured leg and took a sharp left, cutting through the broken down grocery store and the restaurant when Chan lay dead. Vernon followed, loading the crossbow as quickly as he could. 

Mingyu turned to see Vernon gaining on him. He swung around and shot his rifle at Vernon, but missed once again. "Dammit!" He cried. 

Mingyu began crossing the street quickly. He had still been looking back at Vernon, so he didn't notice Jeonghan. His feet get caught on Jeonghan's legs and he yelped as he fell to the ground. It hurt his leg and his rifle tumbled across the ground, away from him.