-TEN-

0700 HOURS/ 7 AM

Mingyu locked the clinic door and collapsed against it, sliding to the floor as he tried to catch his breath. 

His thigh was on fire. 

He found himself beginning to sob, both from the pain and knowing that there were now at least three people dead. 

Three people he used to care for were scattered around this old, decrepit town, lying in pools of their own blood. He couldn't get the visions of Jeonghan and Seungcheol out of his head. Successful people, people with families and friends. Seungcheol had a son. 

Mingyu weeped for a few more minutes before wiping his tears away and trying to collect himself. He knew Vernon most likely saw where he went, so he needed to get out of there quickly. Mingyu inspected his thigh through his jeans, noticing fresh blood. He had bled through the bandages. 

Seungcheol had the medical kits, but going back and trying to retrieve them from his body was too risky right now. He was one of the people that checked the clinic and the houses, and he knew that there were medical kits they left in the houses in case they needed them. However, he couldn't remember which houses, so he decided he would have to begin searching. 

When Mingyu opened the door, he half expected Vernon to be there, but to his relief no one stood on the other side. He wasn't able to grab the arrows that accompanied the crossbow, and he didn't want to be carrying extra weight, so he decided his best option was to leave it. However, he didn't want anyone else getting ahold of it, so he closed the door once more and  set the bow on the ground to begin trying to smash it with his good foot. 

It was no use. It was very strongly made. 

So, he hid it in one of the back offices. 

Mingyu couldn't waste any more time. He moved as quickly and carefully as possible, making sure no one was outside before hurrying to the housing area. 

He walked up the steps of the second house, the one next to the house he had already been in. When he made his way inside and tried to lock the door, he realized there was no lock.

This would be a quick look around then. 

When Mingyu turned around, he was surprised to see Dokyeom standing there, holding up a pistol with a shaky hand. 

"D-Don't move." 

*************

Joshua heard the theater door open and he perked up, checking to see who it was. 

Vernon stormed in, throwing the arrows against one of the seats. 

"Did you get him?" Joshua asked. 

"No. The asshole kicked me in the nuts. He fucking got away." Vernon angrily plopped down into a theater chair, trying to calm himself down. 

"Fuck. Where did he go?" 

"He went toward the clinic, but I didn't have a weapon so I couldn't go after him," Vernon explained. He closed his eyes, attempting to steady his breathing. 

"He got your bow? How did he do that?" 

"I just said he kicked me," Vernon said in annoyance. 

Joshua sighed and swung a rifle over his shoulder. "Well, we have a lot more weapons to choose from. Just take your pick." 

Vernon sighed. "Yeah, I will in a minute." 

He sat there for a minute while Joshua went and grabbed more weapons. Four people were dead at this point. He was assuming he and Joshua were the only ones killing, so that left nine of them. They only needed to get to six more before it hit 12 am that night.