Back In Time

I kept running until Matthew started to catch up to me but I shook him and went behind the island in the kitchen.

"Sarah! Get back here," He snaps his finger.

"No, you are going to hurt me." I laugh playfully while trying to catch my breath.

"I am not going to hurt you, who told you that?" His head tilts to the side with a smirk and I knew he was up to no good.

"Yeah, you look very convincing," I say sarcastically causing him to laugh.

"Seriously, though. I won't try anything, just come here." I squint my eyes at him.

"No, you're going to tickle me if I come to you," He looked at me as if I was dumb or something then he smirked at me.

"You just gave me an idea, thank you." He smiles widely.

"Matthew, stop it. Leave me alone, I didn't mean it." I crossed my arms and his facial expression turns into a serious one.

"Am going to say this once, Sarah." He exhales while looking down. "Come. Here. Now." With each word, his voice got louder but I wasn't intimidated by it.

"Nope," I shake my head with a smile.

He runs quickly toward me and luckily I was able to up to go upstairs. I could hear his footsteps behind me and that only made me run faster to the bedroom. A smile crept up my face when I saw the door but as soon as I was about to touch the knob my feet tripped on the stair making me scream loudly. But that didn't stop me from moving to the room. Once I walked into the bedroom, Matthew's hand had grabbed my wrist making me fall back and he gets on top of me.

"No!" I laughed.

"Well, it looks like I have to tickle you." He goes on to tickle my stomach. I laughed so much to the point that I couldn't breathe anymore causing Matthew to stop tickling me.

"You are not going to say anything mean, right?" I nod my head, too out of breath to say anything.

"Good," He giggles then he helps me up and we stared at each other in silence before laughing.

"We...Are So Soaked,"

"I know we need a towel," He shakes his head as we continued to laugh. He went to the bathroom and came out with two blue towels.

"Thank you," I said once he gave me the towel.

"Let's go downstairs to the kitchen, I forgot to make dessert." He holds my hand in excitement.

"It's a little late to be eating sweets, don't cha think?" I waited for his reaction as we walked down the stairs.

"It's never too late to eat sweets," He responds when we entered into the dining room. "Unless of course, you don't take care of your teeth but in our case we do," He shrugged before taking out something from the plastic bag.

"How do you know if I take care of my teeth, dentist?" He looks at me with worry in his eyes and I laughed.

"Matthew, am just kidding." He waved me off before he continued to do whatever he was doing on the stove.

"What are you making?" I back hugged him and kissed the side that had a tattoo of a horse.

"Chocolate chip cookies,"

"My favorite,"

"I like chocolate," He chuckles.

"Yeah, I know you like chocolate," I smirked, he turned around and faced me.

"You think you're slick,"

"I don't think, I know." I winked before walking away.

"What time is your flight tomorrow?" He looks over his shoulder.