Relaxed and Clueless

Matthew and I walked on the sidewalk beside each other until we made a stop at a Cafe restaurant inside of the building that was still near the beach. Matthew told the waiter to have us seated outside and we followed the waiter to our table. The waiter placed two menus on the table in front of us while Matthew brought the chair out so I can sit down. Once I got situated he sat down on the chair in front of me and rubbed my hand.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, I exhaled and looked at him.

"I feel like there's been a weight lifted off my shoulders. I feel at peace with my mind about Joshua. It's just before I was so hurt I couldn't see what was better for me," I looked at the ocean from afar trying to avoid eye contact with Matthew.

I've never been able to tell people my feelings out of the blue like that. So for me to say this to Matthew meant a lot and I hope he would see that.

"What's better for you?" Matthew asks.

"You because I really like you," I looked down and I heard him chuckle.

"I was hoping you would say that," He says and I looked up to see him smiling widely at me.

"Hello, my name is James. I will be your waiter...this afternoon," I looked up to see the same guy that was sitting next to me from the meditation group center.

He looked surprised to see me and Matthew here. I looked at Matthew and saw him look at me strangely so I quickly looked down at the menu and squinted my eyes in embarrassment. I could hear James clear his throat, the heavy energy at the table was present and I did not like the feeling.

"What will you guys like to drink?" James asked breaking the tension.

"I will have a glass of orange juice," Matthew looks at James then they both look at me waiting for an answer.

"I will have a vanilla chai," I said after looking at the beverage section.

"Hot or cold?" James asked with a smile.

"Hot, with whipped cream on top," I say and he nods before walking away.

"What was that?" Matthew asked.

"What was what?" I asked nervously.

"Why was he looking at you like that as if he liked you or something?" Matthew asked and I smiled.

"Are you jealous, Matthew?" I leaned back in my chair.

"You didn't answer my question, Sarah." Matthew crosses his arms with a smirk.

"He probably does like me but he was there at the meditation center."

"The guy who was sitting next to you?" He asked and I nod.

"Oh," Matthew said before James came back with our drinks. He placed Matthew's drink down first then mine carefully in front of me.

"So, do you guys know what your ordering?" James smiled and I shook my head no, making him laugh.

"Just give us a minute," Matthew says to James and he walks away.

"You see he does like you," Matthew whispered as he leaned in and I leaned in as well.

"Well that's okay because he's not getting me, I already have someone on my mind," I whispered then I sat back on my chair. I looked down at the menu as Matthew sat there in silence.

"What do you mean someone is on your mind?" Matthew asked still clueless.

"Oh my gosh, Matthew! It's you," I exclaimed as I put the menu down and he squinted his eyes at me.