I have to feel comfortable around them. That's enough for me and I can live anywhere even it means to live in the desert. It is okay with me.

We soon reached his house. Damn, it is too beautiful. I just want to stand here and admire its glory all day.

Dhruv nudged me to go inside with him and I followed him with a pout. Athayya asked us to complete some rituals and we have to complete Satyanarayana pooja. So she asked us to get ready for the pooja.

After completing the pooja, we both are asked to take a rest for some time.

Aadhya took me to her room and after going to her room, I slumped on the bed tiredly and drifted into a deep slumber.

In the evening, I was woken up by Daksha Akka. Seeing her in front of me, I was confused a little but she explained the reason why she came here.

"Your Athayya called me here. So that you will feel comfortable. Get up. You have to get ready for your bridal night." She urged me with a teasing smile and It took me a second to register her words. So I immediately sprang up from the bed.

"What did you say just now.?" I asked her.

"Today is your bridal night. So go and freshen up. Till then, I will arrange your saree and accessories." She said and I looked at her nervously.

"Woah. The great Aarna also knows how to feel scared. Well..that's news then." She teased me and I just huffed at her.

"Girl. Don't worry. Trust me. Nothing will happen against your will. So go and freshen up." She instructed me. After nodding at her, I went to the washroom to grab a quick shower.

When I came out, Daksha Akka and Athayya made me wear a saree and dolled me up with simple jewelry. After that, Athayya handed me a glass filled with milk and I just cringed at the sight of the milk itself.

Seeing my face, they both smiled at me and asked me to bear with it for today. I nodded at them reluctantly and went towards his room.

After going inside, I glanced around the room in a scrutinizing manner. I scrunched my nose when I saw the wall paints are a mix of grey and ivory. It's not giving a homely feeling at all instead it's portraying cold vibes.

Suddenly I heard a throat clearing of someone and saw that Dhruv was standing behind me. So I immediately made a way for him to enter inside.

After coming inside, he sat on the bed awkwardly and I handed him the milk meekly. He took it and about to drink the whole glass but I stopped him in the middle and drank the remaining milk reluctantly.

"Is someone so desperate to have the same milk I had, that they are even snatching it from me.?" He asked me and I rolled my eyes at his lack of knowledge.

"Dude. Nobody is dying to have it..okay. If you don't know, it is s ritual to share the milk. What an ignorant man." I sighed and asked him about the washroom.

When he told me the way, I went inside and changed into the comfy nightwear.

By the time, I came outside, Dhruv too got changed into a T-shirt and tracks. He was standing on the balcony while gazing at the stars. When he heard the door opening, he came inside and looked at me.

I too matched his gaze and we both glanced at the bed. After looking at each other for a second, we both rushed to the bed to occupy it but due to his height, he reached it first and threw a pillow at me.

"Sleep on the couch. It's pretty big for your height. So it won't be a problem." Saying this, he tucked himself with the blanket and I was boiling with anger at this man's audacity.