ONE

The writing gets a lot better after about 5 chapters so try to get past the average descriptions and, you may really enjoy this book...xx

*****

XIOMARA

BALHAM, LONDON — 16:43

I couldn't distinguish whether the cloudy air was from my warm breath meeting the frosty air or from the spliff we were burning coming to an end.

"I actually cannot wait for summer." As my trembling fingers, that were practically red, held onto the spliff I genuinely felt like a nitty, trying to find solace in the warmth of an intoxicating haze.

"Shut up man, ca' when summer comes you lot still complain."

I didn't say anything, but my inner self nodded in agreement.

"Anyways, I need to cut. I was supposed to be on my way to work from long time." I pushed out, grimacing as my teeth started to chatter. I attempted to fish out some gum from my pocket so that my breath didn't stink of weed. I couldn't afford for any of my coworkers to suspect I was high.

Though my eyes usually tell all.

Ivy, was looking at me with her eyes pulped out. "Really Xio," she proceeded to roll her eyes. "Your not tryna keep this job. Be grateful fi' di' likkle wo'k." She huffed as she snatched the gum from me.

"Don't snatch!" I shouted extra loud to piss her off. "Plus I'll catch train - and what time did you get to college today please?" I slowed my pace screwing up my face remembering her whole two hour lateness to our Economics lesson.

"You betta kip quiet abi!" She proclaimed making me buss up laughing.

Ivy took out her hair shop lipgloss, squeezing the life out of the tube and glossed her narrow yet plump lips. She had the sharpest Cupid's bow I'd ever laid eyes on, including Rihanna's, and the lipgloss definitely helped pronounce it more.

I reached in my croc textured bucket bag for my Victoria Secret Bare Vanilla perfume and drenched my self in it, from head to toe. No one was catching me slipping today at all.

"You want some?" I asked when I was done, but Ivy shook her head, no. "Do I smell like weed?" I pushed my chest upwards so she could smell if it was embedded in my grey Jordan hoodie.

I then huffed so she could smell my breath.

"Nah, your calm. What about me?" She did the same. And boy let me tell you how I nodded my head hard. "Fuck off! Your such an idiot, mind you wring off your neck!" She cracked up laughing at my foolishness.

However, she wouldn't stop and that caused me to start cackling. Then I clocked, we were high as hell. Tears welled up in my eyes as more funny shit kept happening making us laugh more.

"Yo! Xio! Why you man walking so slow?" Someone was shouting at us, it sounded like my trustee companion Harvey.

I slowed to a complete stop whilst spinning around

"Wahum my g?" I grinned as he caught up with us. Ivy used to have a little thing with him so she faced the road not paying us any mind.