TEN

This is a longer chapter, as my apology for taking sooo long to update🤍

XIOMARA

As soon as Xio laid eyes on Israel who sat looking menacingly delicious, she felt to give him a box through the windshield. Feeling a tug on her wrist, she turned to Ivy.

"Xio babe, I know you're tipsy, so obviously I'm not expecting you to act rational. But deep it, I get that you and James have a deep bond and Israel's clearly mad, but I don't think he would do that to James for nothing. Like genuinely, he was a compulsive liar, like let's not forget. To be completely honest I don't think you should be defending him this hard."

"I know you're not being serious right now Ives. You couldn't be! Regardless of all the shit that went down between me and James, he didn't deserve that."

"How do you know? How do you even know he didn't deserve it!" Ivy snapped. "First he told everyone, including you, that he was jumped now it's only Israel that attacked him. Like it's clear you can't just trust his word." She reasoned, she didn't want Xiomara to do anything stupid based off someone as useless as James. She felt almost like Xio had forgotten what James had actually done to her, and that wasn't her.

"So you're telling me I should trust Israel?" Xio scoffed, in complete disbelief.

"No I'm telling you to stop being a slow bitch, 'cause you're really asking for me to lick you down now Xio." Ivy mocked her playfully, loosening the tension.

IMMEDIATELY as Xiomara opened the passenger door to sit, Israel opened his to get out. He definitely needed to smoke before he even looked at her let alone, spoke to her. He felt as if she really didn't know who he was, because if she did, she would never think to get that comfortable to speak to him like that.

As he billed a fat spliff he looked across the estate, prior to this, he didn't want Xio to see that side of him. But as he reasoned with his own thoughts he realised it was almost necessary. He genuinely had a soft spot for her, as if it was anyone else he wouldn't even think twice about slicing them up.

Waiting for his high, he almost began to chuckle out loud at the situations he kept finding himself in. He should've known a big mouth snake like James would have caused a ripple of problems, he typically would've killed him at the time. He wasn't even one to let people live, but his head must've been in the clouds. Which was part of the reason why he felt as if he couldn't let Xio get off easy as it would come back to bite him, the same way how James had.

Resting his elbows on the roof of his car, his eyes darted across the estate he had to consistently pay attention to his surroundings, meaning he stayed on edge.

Being on high alert at all times was beginning to take a toll on his body, Israel was growing both stressed and exhausted. So exhausted, that he missed the young man on the second floor level sparking his own cigarette who, couldn't take his eyes off him.

Though he was far from Israel, it would be hard for anyone else to miss the desperation in his cinnamon eyes. He was hungry, all his wants and needs seemed to align with everything Israel already had. People watched Israel everyday, some riddled with envy more than others and he was aware of it, but very few acted on their bitterness so he didn't care enough to pay them any mind. But this man, he was different.

Finally finishing, he took a deep sigh before pulling on the door handle and bringing his long legs into the car. Once in, he remained silent, just staring through the windshield. He really didn't want to harm her, but his high hadn't kicked in yet and his rage was beginning to boil in his veins.