The next few classes were pretty much the same as the first, eventually lunchtime rolled around. He grabbed a plate and ate the food as quickly as he could. He never minded being alone at lunch but sometimes he wished he had someone to talk to, be friends with. Everyone he had ever tried to talk to was either disgusted or pressed him to tell them why he wore the mask.

The loneliness ate away at him, but he tried his best to push it away. Dream shook himself from his thoughts and dumped his plate before making his way outside.

It was quieter, as most students were still inside eating. The sky had gotten a bit darker since he had walked into the school, but that was okay. Dream secretly hoped it would rain, there was just something about it that was so calming to him. He glanced around, before picking a spot to sit against the wall of the school. The wind brushed through his hair while his pencil glided across the paper.

The sound of other students signaled it was closer to the end of lunch. He flipped back a page and attempted to fix the huge pencil mark across his drawing, before putting his sketchbook back in his bag and wrapping up his headphones. The bell rang and with a sigh, he ventured back over to the building.

Art was his next class, the one he had been looking forward to the most for obvious reasons. Even though he knew it was probably just going to be introductions, he figured this was the one class he could have his sketchbook out and not get glared down by the teacher.

His eyes sparkled as he walked into the room. The walls were filled with doodles and drawings from other students. A few colorful, half painted tiles lay strewn across the floor. He assumed they were from students earlier that day and grew excited at the thought of actually getting to do something besides going over basic rules!

He walked over to a table and set his stuff down. The teacher looked up and smiled at him, "Welcome! You must be Clay?"

He nodded shyly.

"I'm Ms. Hazel, nice to meet you! I recognize most of my students so I got pretty excited when I heard I was getting a new one!" Her smile was warm and genuine, he had a feeling he would enjoy this class a lot.

"You're a bit early but that's okay. We're not going to assign seats so any one is fine."

Dream nodded and in a quiet voice asked, "What are we gonna do today?"

"Simple introductions first, then we're going to start on a small project since it's only the first week."

Dream grinned and nodded to himself. He then pulled out his sketchbook while waiting for the other students to walk in. Ms. Hazel greeted everyone and students began filling up the seats. After a little while, every table was filled except Dream's. He felt a twinge of hurt, but it was expected that he would end up alone.

Right before the door was closed, another boy came rushing in.

"Sorry sorry, another teacher needed me." He and Dream locked eyes for a split second before his gaze travelled over to the teacher. Dream noticed his eyes were two different colours, one brown and one blue.

"It's alright George, good to see you here. Find a seat and we can begin."

George glanced around and found that the only vacant seat, or table that is, was by a dirty blonde boy with a mask covering his face. He did another quick scan around the room and sighed when he saw that truly was the only other seat. He sent a quick glare at his friend across the room for not saving his spot, and reluctantly sat down next to the boy.

Dream looked up in surprise as he heard shuffling beside him. He glanced to his right to see the boy who had walked in late sitting next to him. He gave a quick wave before setting his backpack on his chair and resting his hand in his palm.