Chapter 5 - Unexpected Turn Of Events

I wake up with a feeling of soreness in my eyes and whole face from crying due crying for whole full hours yesterday. I felt a little more relieved after releasing all that pain I retained inside, but it still wasn't gone of course. I missed my old life. I wondered if I was going to return, I missed being able to see my family, my friends. But everything of that seemed that it was gone now. I was constantly traumatized since then. Everyone would. 

I sat upon the solid ground beneath me, and let out a big yawn, as well I stretch out my arms up to the air. It was the second morning since I appeared in this place out of nowhere, after I collapsed into the ground from my kitchen and fell unconscious. Maybe I got hit in my head too hard when I reached the solid ground, and now I wasn't even alive anymore, and this reality I was stuck in was just a product from my head. But that wasn't possible, I still felt, and even perceived smells, just like being alive. But who knows, thinking about it more just made me get even more questions than answers. But what if this was the afterlife, my afterlife? No, it didn't make sense, I... 

I stop overthinking, and return my head back to earth. If this even could be called 'earth' in some way.

Turning my gaze to my left side, directing it towards the cave's entrance, I spot something curious again. I widen my eyes in surprise and crawl towards it with cautiousness. 

Two dead rabbits were laying on the floor, their fur was covered in blood due the scratches they had on their necks, perfect cuts that surely made them bleed out to death few moments ago. Poor rabbits, wonder who did that to them, and left them here, knowing I was lying near. 

And of course I knew who did that. It was the enderman. I didn't have a proof, but I was sure, he had claws after all. Though I don't know how he did not wake me up from my slumber, I usually consider myself a very light sleeper. Or I used to consider myself one until now. 

But why did he still kept feeding me even though he already had returned the favor in healing my now scarred wound? The theory that he was probably feeding me just because he wanted a fat meal as his next dinner was more reliable to lean on though.

But I instantly crossed that theory out. The fact that he wanted to protect me from being under the water from that pond said something else. 

And that's when another theory hits me. 

What if he considered me as his offspring? if he was even he, I don't know, but his sounds and how his face was sculptured looked like how a male human would look, but I didn't know exactly. Maybe if they protected creatures like the way he was treating me, meant that endermans could reproduce and continue keeping their specie alive. That meant they had a way of reproducing, even parenting instincts! I was amazed by fantasizing the possibilities of how other species of mobs would be like too. 

It all made sense now. That answered why he was too focused in keeping me clean before. This even answered why he was too worried of seeing me inside of that pond, a normal enderman knows water it's lethal for them by instinct, due it burns their type of skin apparently. Of course that's the reason why.

Maybe he considered me as his offspring!

I felt a little bit more relieved thinking that. It felt like some part that was weighing me down even disappeared. At least I could know now that he wouldn't eat me off too soon. Not until he realizes I'm not like him at all I guess.

I glance once more to both of the rabbits on my side. My stomach grumbled, but this time I decided that preparing the rabbits was the best choice for now. I had to learn at least how the fuck to build a campfire, so I wouldn't die too soon in this world.