INTRODUCTION.

cheerybIossoms © 2021

originally published — june 25th, 2021

status — completed april 12, 2022

⋆*✧・゚:⋆*・゚:*✧・゚:*✧・゚: 

[ I LOVED YOU AS ICARUS LOVED THE SUN— TOO CLOSE, AND TOO MUCH. ]

DAVID JONES.

NADINE VIDAL was supposed to save the world. Not on her own, which was what the goons of Commission had thought—it was the reason they'd shot her, after all, leaving her with years of trauma and a bullet scar in her shoulder—but with the Umbrella Academy, a family full of superheroes she'd intruded her way into becoming a part of. They'd had everything they'd needed to stop the world from going up in flames; after all, they were seven superheroes with extraordinary powers and only mild trauma on the side. And yet, they'd still failed. Now, the world has died, and it's only due to Five's time-travelling abilities that they aren't dead alongside it.

UNFORTUNATELY, a time-travel overshoot leaves Nadine not in the 2010s, which had been the original plan, but in 1961, twenty-eight years before she was even born. Navigating Dallas, Texas, in a whole new era would've been hard enough even if she wasn't French, a lesbian, and a woman who delights in bringing men to their knees. She's not exactly the type to sit back and watch while injustice occurs, which doesn't exactly do her well in a time when restaurants are plastered with Whites Only signs and women are expected to become baby-making machines.

WHILE ATTEMPTING to navigate this new time period, Nadine meets Molly Hamasaki, a woman full of strength, bravery, and anger. Around Molly, Nadine finally feels like she can breathe again, and realizes that remaining in the 1960s is worth it if she has her by her side. But when she finds herself face-to-face with an old flame (who apparently doesn't even remember who she is) she's immediately torn between past and future, old and new. And when she gets the news that the world is ending again (sixty years too early, this time), she is launched into a brand-new conspiracy featuring Swedish assassins, baby chimpanzees, and a revelation that will take everything she thought she knew... and completely unwind it.